Stars Dispute

dhowgate
By dhowgate,
in

Actually some of the Holiday Inn's are rather nice. You may be thinking of some of the old types in the US, but international some are very nice. There is a great one in London (Holiday Inn Kennsington Forum) and the HI Bloomsbury is nice. Some good ones in Sydney, and a favorete of mine is in Capetown. Most often I am very happy when I receive an international HI from Priceline.

Which one are you talking about??

Yes, what HI were you refering to? I have frequently complained about HI properties without elevators, or with "restaurants" that are little more than coffee shops being rated the same as a Hilton or Marriot.

I think it all depends on the kickback that HI pays back to priceline.

P.S. I have stayed at some very nice HI locations, but a majority have come up short, so I am very cautious whenever bidding in a zone where you might win HI.

• 2 months later...

I used to always try to avoid Holiday Inns after some dismal experiences. But things have changed, especially, I think, for the Holiday Inn Select class of properties. I stayed in one in La Mirada, Orange County, California, and it was wonderful -- marble floors in the lobby, immaculately clean, great restraurant, great toiletries and linens in the rooms, and terrific customer service. They even made a coutesy call 10 min. after check-in to make sure everything was alright!

I recently discovered that Holiday Inn owns the Courtyard by Marriott in Old Town, San Diego. It also is a great property (though located by the freeway). I wondered why their shuttle also served the Holiday Inn in Old Town, and when I received my credit card statement, my restaurant charge was labeled "Holiday Inn".

Interesting... I didn't know that one chain could own another chain's hotel......

... I didn't know that one chain could own another chain's hotel......

these hotels are likely owned by the same person or corporation and operated under a franchise agreement with Marriott as a Courtyard and a franchise agreement with InterContinental Hotels Group as a Holiday Inn.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]