WIN ALERTS... our own Hotwire and Priceline App and new Board Feature!!

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

We are very pleased to announce a new feature of the board, available both directly on the board OR as an app on your mobile device...

WIN ALERTS!!

apple_app_store_button.png OR google_play_button.png

You set the date range, price, city, zones, days of the week... when a win is reported to the board that meets the criteria you selected, you will receive an email or notification to your mobile device alerting you of the win.

Below we will show how it works using the board as an example, but here are some screenshots from the mobile app:iphone_app_screenshots.JPG

This is the board interface to set an alert. It's similar to the form on the board to post a win and is straightforward and easy to use.

priceline_alert.JPG

• Select whether you want the alerts for PRICELINE or HOTWIRE
  • Select a date range for which you want to be alerted of a win reported to the board. Note that the win doesn't need to be for the exact dates you choose, but rather is a bigger timeframe. For example, selecting Memorial Day to Labor Day would alert you to any wins reported to the board during the entire 'summer season'.
  • Set a price for which you will receive an alert... this tailors the alert to notify you of hotels within your budget.
  • Select a region from the drop down list that is presented as you type. This will propagate the 'ZONES' section in the form based upon the city you choose.
  • Select the star levels.
  • Choose the days of the week. To be notified of a win reported to the board it must include at least one of the days of the week you have selected (see below for a further explanation with an example)
  • Select the zones you're interested in. Another KEY aspect of this service since it tailors the alert to the specific zones you're interested in visiting, not wasting your time with notifications about the Airport or Boulder if you're really only interested in the Strip.

After you've filled out the form with your criteria click the Set Price Alert button and you should see the green message at the top of the form "SUBSCRIPTIONS SUCCESSFULLY SAVED".

When a win is reported to the board which meets the criteria you set, you'll receive an email notifying you of the win along with a link to the post on the board.

Below is the MY ALERTS settings where you can view, edit, pause, or delete your alerts.

my_win_alerts.JPG

In the first example i have set a Priceline Win Alert from the beginning of May thru the beginning of September and have asked to be notified any time a win is reported to the board for a 4*, 4.5*, or 5* hotel in the Strip North or Strip South zones at a price of $150 or less. NOTE that i have only included Friday and Saturday in the days of the week meaning that i will only be alerted to a win at $150 or less if the win includes a Friday or Saturday night. This is a key point since as you probably know rates in Vegas are generally much more expensive on the weekends vs. midweek, therefore setting to Friday and Saturday nites eliminates me from receiving alerts for stays which only includes Sunday-Thursday nights, as these are for the most part meaningless with respect to my own weekend nites.

This would be a good alert for somebody who was within driving distance of the city and whose plans were flexible enough that they could get away most weekends in the summer when a good deal presented itself.

The second example could be for somebody who is planning a trip to NYC for specific dates over Thanksgiving. Since this stay is 6+ months in the future the user may only be checking the board every 3-4 days, but by setting this alert they will notified immediately should a win be reported that meets their criteria. Should the rate only be available for a few days or a limited time, this would help ensure they could take advantage of it and not miss out on a deal for their dates.

apple_app_store_button.png OR google_play_button.png

apple_app_store_button.png

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm happy to see this is being so well received and others are finding it useful.

If you like the app(s), please give us a 5 STAR rating (go to the APP, click REVIEWS, then WRITE A REVIEW).

If you have any issues or feature requests with the app(s) please let us know by PM so we can try to fix and/or include in feature releases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]