Expreriences from Philly Int Airport for a Mid-SUV

arjin
By arjin,
in

Hi everyone

I am planning book a midsize SUV in Philadelphia Int. Airport from 6/11/13 to 6/18/13 through priceline.com.

As I am completely new to priceline.com I have a few questions.

Firstly I got a really good deal from priceline.com comparing other websites which $16 per day for a midsize suv.

Your Offer Price:

$16.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days:

Subtotal:

$112.00

Taxes and Fees: (details)

$59.49

Total Charges:

prices are in US dollars

$171.49

Secondly, I want to hear your experiences, has anybody rented a car from Philadelphia Int. Airport and how was the overall rent?

Thirdly, I have not submit my credit card details when I got this quote, do you think they will alter this quote after submitting my details (is there other hidden fee after submission)?

Finally, are these rental companies on airport or off airport? I have an excess car insurance from the UK

Thank you very much

I don't drive so I can't discuss the details of the rental, but I will note that it appears you got to the final step of the bidding process. That does not mean that your bid is accepted or going to be accepted - you have to click to have the service search to see if any rental agencies will accept. As for additional fees, from the fine print:

Priceline rental cars are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-changeable even if the reservation is not used.

If your offer is accepted, we will immediately lock in your reservation and charge your credit card. If your offer is not accepted, your credit card will not be charged.

Additional changes may apply at the counter if you pick-up or drop-off the car at a different date or time than you requested for your reservation.

Your offer price does not include vehicle liability, collision or personal accident coverage for your rental car. You should determine if you have insurance coverage prior to pick-up.

The rental partner will charge your credit card at the rental counter for any optional items you add to your reservation now or at the counter, including any child seats you request now.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

According to the fine print, I shouldn't pay additional fees because I won't request any additional services such as child seat and I won't make any changes to reservation. Therefore, if my bid is accepted rental should not charge other fees.

Am I right?

According to the fine print, I shouldn't pay additional fees because I won't request any additional services such as child seat and I won't make any changes to reservation. Therefore, if my bid is accepted rental should not charge other fees.

Am I right?

I have rented several cars from both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE. On each occasion, I have never had any surprises, no added charges or mystery fees. I would like to second AaronJB and say that your bid was not yet accepted, so there is no assurance that $16 will get you a mid size SUV. This "tally" simply shows what your charges would be if $16 per day is accepted.

I am not sure how many folks you will need to tote around the City of Brotherly Love, but a mid size SUV with luggage may not work for a party of 4. A Minivan may evoke yawns and derision, but it gets the job done with aplomb.

• 2 weeks later...

As for add-ons... well, one time my flight was moved an hour earlier and the local agent, not in Philly mind you, told me I was going to have to pay about $16 (the daily rate) for picking up my car at 11PM instead of waiting until 12:01 after midnight. I balked, took the car because I was tired, and agreed to these new terms. I was just glad they were able to accommodate.

However, when I turned in the car, the extra fee for the first day was waived! I have no idea if I got the car back to them an hour early and they looked at it as a was, or what. but however it happened, I got lucky. YMMV.

YMMV Your mileage may vary. LOL

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]