Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Orange County (Anaheim-Disney S.) HI Express

debkw
By debkw,
in

:) Happy to report my latest success. After trying 22 combinations on Priceline and never "winning" a 3* for $44 or less, I booked through Hotwire. I 'knew' (from other reports on this site) that the 2.5* with 5 icons (Selected amenities include: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Laundry Facilities) was the Holiday Inn Express in Garden Grove. We stayed there in March and thought it was more than fine. Nice rooms...a more-than-decent continental breakfast including hard-boiled eggs and cinnamon rolls, etc. We haven't used the pools or other facilities as we only use our hotel as a place to rest between Disney jaunts. But this spot certainly gets decent feedback from others as well:

reviews

BTW: I always check out all hotels listed here on www.tripadvisor.com. You get the "real users scoop" there...no fluff! :)

Bottom line:

1 room(s) @ $45.00 per night x 7 night(s) $315.00

Hotel Taxes and fees: $45.95

Hotel Subtotal $360.95

Total Price $360.95

Plus, I can use my $30 Entertainment Book rebate for Hotwire for a net cost of $330.95 for the seven nights (including breakfast). Not too shabby!

I would have tried 2.5* on Priceline...but I had no idea if it was the same hotel as the one offered on Hotwire. The free breakfast (decent) that I knew was included at the Holiday Inn was worth more to me than taking a chance on paying a dollar or two less per night and not having that feature. Does anyone know the name of Priceline's 2.5* Disneyland hotel?

Also don't forget the frequent shuttle service to/from the Happiest

Place on Earth!!! Just returned from a 4 night stay here and all the

folks that worked at the HI Express went out of their way to speak

to us, remembered our names, made one special drop at Disneyland

when we missed our shuttle due to Rental Car problems. All in all,

a first class establishment and my next vist to Mickey will be via

HIE in Garden Grove!!!

Regards, Keoni :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]