Priceline Hotel: NYC Times Square Hotel for Sept.13-16

antlori
By antlori,
in

I'm looking for a 4* hotel in Times Square area for 3 nights, Sept.13-16 for under $150. Does this seem possible? I was see a few Hilton Times Square won at $140 but things really seem to be tight for my dates. We really like the Times Square area as we're coming strictly for the theater. I haven't tried bidding yet because I didn't want to use up my bids by starting too low and then have to wait another 72 hours. Hotwire prices are ridiculous for those dates too. Any suggestions?

I was able to get the Super 8 Times Square for $189 on the Applecore website for 2 nights (Sept.13 & 14), with $10 off the first night for filling out their survey. But there just doesn't seem to be anything in that area for Thurs. Sept.15. On Hotwire I saw the Candlewood Suites Jersey City for $114 but that's really far for commuting back and forth to the Times Square area. I was willing to try it but my husband said no way. So I think we'll just do the 2 nights and then leave early Thursday afternoon.

I may give Priceline a try anyway as the Super 8 reservation is cancellable up to 24 hours before, but I doubt I'll be able to do any better. Hotwire isn't even showing anything for Times Square for those dates.

Owned by same company as Ramada, so you can try using our RAMADA link and the Super8 appears on the 2nd or 3rd page. I didn't think many of our users would ever have a need for the Super8 brand so i didn't list them on the Support Page.

The Astor on Park is recently renovated and offered at $179/nite... i don't know too much about it yet (since the renovation) but perhaps it would be another option (and would provide some feedback on it :) ).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't ever think I would need the Super 8 either, but I was desperate. I'd searched everywhere and this was the only thing I could find under $400 in the Times Square area so I grabbed it. New York is almost impossible this Fall. I've never seen it this tough. I don't know anything about the Super 8 other than what I've seen on their website. They have a free continental breakfast and parking is $20. It looks modest and clean and we probably won't be in the room too much anyway. I didn't know they were owned by Ramada.

On Hotwire I saw the Candlewood Suites Jersey City for $114 but that's really far for commuting back and forth to the Times Square area. I was willing to try it but my husband said no way. So I think we'll just do the 2 nights and then leave early Thursday afternoon.

the PATH train ($1.50 each way) will take you to Herald Square, 33rd and 6th. It is an easy walk up Broadway to Times Square, you could probably even take a subway from the PATH station to Times Square.

• 2 weeks later...

thereuare, hold off on recommendations for the Astor. A co-worker was in NYC last week for one night before leaving on a cruise, and she had a reservation at the Astor. She said the renovations weren't done, and the place was a mess. She also got stuck in the hotel elevator for 15 minutes! After some frantic phone calls, she switched to another hotel and got a refund from the Astor.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]