Walk Score for Hotels ... new features for MAPSandHOTELS.com and PRE-CruiseHotels.com

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Two of our sister sites, MAPS and HOTELS.com and Pre Cruise Hotels, are great resources for researching hotel rates. Each continues to grow every day as more users learn of their existence and the rich features each offers.

What sets these two sites apart from others:

• HOTEL STAR RATING and RATES DISPLAYED TOGETHER ON THE MAPS

-no more getting excited that a cheap hotel is available in your desired area only to find out it is a low rated budget hotel that you wouldn't ever think about staying in

• NO 'from $xx' PRICING

-rates shown are for your specific dates of travel

• Filters, Filters, Filters

-
    SORT:
    you can sort hotels by Name, Star Rating, Price or Distance from search location (location can be any city, address, or major landmark)

-
    FILTER:
    unclutter the map and remove any star rated hotels you're not interested in (ie- only show hotels that are 4*, 4.5*, or 5* rated)
    and
    use the slider to only show hotels within a certain price range

• DISTANCE TO THE PIER and DRIVING DIRECTIONS

-(
    only)

NEW FEATURE:

We are pleased to announce our latest feature in addition to those above... WALK SCORE for HOTELS

1) search MAPS and HOTELS.com or Pre Cruise Hotels for any location and dates you would like

2) click any hotel in the list on the left OR any hotel marker on the map to open an infobubble for that hotel. Click the link indicated below for the Walk Score information.

walk_score_hotels.JPG

3) a new map slides into place (pretty cool transition ;) ) showing the hotel location as well as a list of categories that are plotted on the map. Click the arrow next to the category you want more information on (RESTAURANTS in this example):

restaurants_near_hotel.JPG

4) the category expands to show a list of restaurants in the immediate area as well as plots the locations on the map

restaurants_near_hotel_expanded.JPG

5) click the arrow next to RESTAURANTS to return to the category list OR click the 'BACK TO HOTEL MAP' link to return to the original hotel map

hotel_map_return.JPG

We hope you like this new addition to MAPS and HOTELS.com and Pre Cruise Hotels. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, etc. (please send suggestions via PM so we can more easily track them)

If you find these sites/features useful please help spread the word so that others are made aware of them and can benefit from the information as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think the "Walk Score" is a great addition. I choose to travel very light, and usually am on foot. It it perfect for me.

I have to admit, when I first read about it, what I expected was scores for bad hotels that had "walked" people to other places due to over-booking. Any chance you'd want to name it "Walker Score"?

Romelle

WillTravel is correct.

Although their application is mostly used in real estate, within that circle they are a fairly well-known name, and i suspect will likely become even more of a household name as they continue to grow.

When i saw how it was being used for real estate, i figured it would be a good fit for hotels too, and added it to our MAPS and HOTELS.com and Pre Cruise Hotels site(s) accordingly.

Glad to see it's being well received.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]