Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown) Holiday Inn

cookofthehouse
By cookofthehouse,
in

I roamed through this site educating myself on the best way to approach Priceline. I thought it only fair that I post my findings thus far. :)

3* Downtown $40 - failed

3* Downtown & Lake Union $45 - failed

2 1/2* Downtown $42 - failed

2 1/2* Lake Union $44 - failed

I was hoping to catch a deal on such an odd night (Thursday in early November), but I guess I will wait the 72 hours and rebid starting at $50 for 3*.

Any comments in the meantime would be appreciated. :)

Thanks for the very helpful site.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Personally i would prefer to spend a bit more for a 3* than for a 2.5* property. With that said, i would be raising my 3* bids to the $50-$60 area which is a bit more realistic than your current 3* bids.

It is also still quite early, so i wouldn't 'chase' anything just quite yet.

Lastly, keep in mind that the Downtown zone extends from the Pike Place area to the Space Needle area... if you want to be in one of these specific areas you may be better off with Hotwire which subdivides this area into two separate zones, although it will cost you a bit more.

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the replies. :o

I had NOT taken a close look at the "Downtown" boundaries. :) It extends nearly to Pioneer Square - - wasn't expecting that. I'm booking for an event at the Seattle Center, and I was hoping for something in the general vicinity.

But, if I can catch a deal, it would be worth the hassle of fighting traffic. :)

I'll let you know.

I guess I'm the take it slow kind. :) Here's my latest attempt:

3* Downtown $45 - failed

3* Downtown & Lake Union $50 - failed

2 1/2* Downtown $45 - failed

2 1/2* Downtown & Lake Union $48 - failed

I'll go take a look at the Hotwire breakdown. Thanks. :)

ETA: Here's the breakdown from Hotwire (not a great number to choose from)

Downtown:

2* = 56

2 1/2* = 66

3* = 89

Lake Union:

3 1/2* = 84

Pike Place:

2* = 73

2 1/2* = 85

3* = 90

3 1/2* = 77 (:))

Anyone care to analyze these? :o

You know, it's a pretty big event (in the circles I run), could this be keeping the selection small this far out, or is it hotels not submitting rooms for sale yet? Thanks for any thoughts.

If you can wait a little longer, you might be able to get the Courtyard Lake Union for $45. On two occassions I got this hotel, but not until 4-6 weeks before the date. Up until then even $70 didn't get me anything. From there it is a not so terrible 10 minute walk to Seattle Center.

• 1 month later...

*Update*

3* accepted at $65 (after a reject at $60) - Holiday Inn

Not an amazing deal given the hotel won, but I'm pleased since my stay is for an event at the Key Arena, not even 7 blocks away. :)

Total with tax & fees is less than they are stating on their site. Not sure what star rating Hotwire gives this place, but there is currently a 2 1/2 for $72, and a 3 for $84.

Thanks for all the help this site gave me. Made all the difference! :)

Congratulations on your win.

Sounds like this will work out quite well for you... given both the price and the location!

Glad to have been of help and that were able to save a few dollars! Not sure why you say the savings weren't too great... i'm showing that this is less than half of the hotel's website rate.

Enjoy your stay and the event at Key Arena.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]