Hotwire Hotel: 2* Victoria Dominion Grand Hotel

whermail
By whermail,
in

It's a good location in the centre of downtown Victoria, but the hotel is old and that is both its charm and its weakness. The renovated rooms can be quite nice, you might want to ask for one. Don't be afraid to ask to see another room if you don't like the first one they give you. I think they are pretty nice people if you ask nicely...

Some of the rooms and some of the common areas (e.g. hallways) should be redecorated/renovated.

There might be street noise or nightclub noise from some rooms, if you want a quiet room, you should ask for that, but you might get a very limited view.

It could be a charming hotel, they just need to keep on with their updates.

They often include breakfast and/or dinner with their room rates - ask about that. Also, I believe they charge for parking.

For one night, it may not be a bad place. It is central and it sounds like it is only for one night, is that right?

Let us know how it goes.

Hotwire contacted me today via email.

<<This email is regarding your upcoming stay at the Dominion Grand Hotel.

Due to the quality concerns this hotel has been removed as one of our

partners. . . . >>

After reviewing several past posts, I choose to punt and upscale the hotel. Thanks for your help.

I'm really impressed that Hotwire did this, also! It's the right move! Even though, as WillTravel says, it's not necessarily an awful place to stay, the truth is that it really needs someone to bring the whole place up to a consistent level, not just some of the rooms.

Did HW give you a refund?

Thanks so much for letting us know how this turned out!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]