Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Rafael Four Points

paintergirl
By paintergirl,
in

Sausalito's in Priceline's "Sausalito-Mill Valley" zone--part of the Marin County zone cluster. In the Cali Hotel List check under "M" for Marin.

Sausalito-MV only goes up to 2.5* and it's surprising but this board has never had a win reported from Sausalito-Mill Valley. If you win something you'll be the first. Are you interested in trying for a 2.5*? If so let us know your bidding limit and someone will offer a strategy.

I might bid in Sausalito. I had a friend tell me that she got a 3* in Sausalito for 55-60$ in the past. So, I could attempt this. I like getting hotels that are atleast 3 1/2* normally. But, it doesn't sound like that is available. If I were to be in SF, what area is closest to Sausalito?

Thanks!!

Best idea if you need to get to Sausalito is to be in the area near the Ferry. That would be Embarcadero/Financial District. It's an easy walk to the Ferry Building, which is at the base of Market street. Fisherman's Wharf is farther; you'd probably need to take the F Market trolley over to the FB.

I have started bidding in the Sausalito area. 3*, I started with 50 and I have gotten my bid up to $75. I have not had any success. Do you have any suggestions? Is there an area in SF that would work? I need something that would be no longer than a 20 min. commute via automobile to Sausalito, and ideally would like somewhere that parking is easy and/or provided with the hotel.

Any help would be awesome!

Best idea if you need to get to Sausalito is to be in the area near the Ferry. That would be Embarcadero/Financial District. It's an easy walk to the Ferry Building, which is at the base of Market street. Fisherman's Wharf is farther; you'd probably need to take the F Market trolley over to the FB.

Thanks for the tip! Any suggestions if I have to be taking my automobile? Also, is parking really difficult/expensive? i will be in a cargo van.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

I have started bidding in the Sausalito area. 3*, I started with 50 and I have gotten my bid up to $75.

2.5* is the highest Priceline offers in Sausalito-Mill Valley zone. Do you mean you bid up to $75 for 2.5*?

Staying near the Embarcadero in SF and taking the ferry over every day would be great fun, and a beautiful boat ride, but I think it's going to be super expensive. Maybe $150 for the hotel and another $40-50 to park. And some parking lots and garages in SF have started adding a surcharge on top of that for large vehicles, including cargo vans. So maybe the SF idea isn't feasible.

Unless you want to bid higher than $75 for a 2.5* in Sausalito my next suggestion is to try for a 3* in San Rafael-Larkspur zone. That's the next closest zone to Sausalito and parking shouldn't be an issue. 3* is the highest offered in SR-L zone. There's an Embassy Suites there and a Four Points.

Ok, sorry for the confusion. I am bidding in San Rafael-Larkspur zone. I am trying to get the 3*, since that sounds like my best option. I am adding the two other zones to allow myself to bid again. I took my bid up to $86, and have not "won" yet. I am hoping to get a room there. If not my other options are not looking too good. I think you are right the SF would probably be WAY too expensive.

I will try again tomorrow.

(side question.... if I accidentally didn't wait a full 24 hours to bid. It might have been 30 minutes shy of it, would that make a difference? Would it tell me if I was bidding too soon?)

I am adding the two other zones to allow myself to bid again.

If you're trying to win a 3* in San Rafael-Larkspur you only have one rebid zone: Sausalito-Mill Valley, which only goes to 2.5*. Novato has 3* hotels, so its not a rebid zone. You shouldn't include Novato in your bidding unless you're willing to stay there.

Four Points is only $124 and Embassy Suites is $130, so it seems like your $86 bids should be more than enough.

The issue might be your length of stay---six nights. The two known hotels might each have various days avail within your six, but neither has all six.

Or it could be a Saturday night issue. Embassy Suites quotes $130 but that's an average of two rates: five nights at $127 and Saturday at $149.

$127 vs $149 isn't a huge price change but it says Embassy gets a premium for Sat nights, and it's possible ES gave Priceline rooms for those $127 nights but not the $149 Saturday. Just guessing.

Are you willing to split your six night stay to improve your chances of acceptance? You might have to move once. Or you might get the same hotel twice but at two different rates.

If you're willing I would try for the first four nights, 8/30-9/3, first. That eliminates the Saturday. If you win something you can try Add a Night then, for 9/3-9/5. You might get it, but at a higher rate, or you might be refused and then you'd have to bid those dates and maybe move.

If you split I suggest $55 for 3* San Rafael 8/30-9/3 to start. Add Sausalito at $65. If that fails wait 24 hours and try $70/$75. (And to answer your other question yes they really do pay attention to the 24 hours and your bid will be kicked back as duplicate if you place it before the 24 hours are up.)

If you don't want to split all you can do is keep trying $86 every day; raise your bid; or try for the 2.5* in Sausalito or San Rafael.

Good luck and keep us posted. Thanks for using the PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and are pleased with this HOTWIRE purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]