Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Center-Space Needle) Hyatt Place

NicholasK
By NicholasK,
in

I'm new to Priceline/Hotwire and new to this site. I'm trying to set up a hotel for a trip with some friends/family of mine we're taking in October. I need one room from the 7th through the 16th, another from the 7th through the 13th, and another the 8th and 9th. I definitely want the same hotel (so the kids can swim together). Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks for your time,

Nicholas

Does your trip require airfare? If it does, you might look at Priceline Vacations which combines air & hotel, and, best of all, you select your own hotel vs. the opaque hotel-only "name your own price" bidding method. In some instances, the hotel portion of the package is priced the same, or slightly above, the low "name your own price" rates under the bidding system.

What is your vacation destination?

I'm coming from Alaska to Seattle and staying from 7th-16th

My cousins driving from Utah then staying 7th-13th

My brother is flying from Utah and staying the 8th and 9th

Alaska air has their annual PFD sale that we'll be able to take part in and save a few hundred dollars in airfare. I'll look into Priceline vacations. What do you think about booking 2 hotels the 7th-13th through priceline, then adding a single hotel room the 14-16 and the 8th and 9th through hotwire? I'll also look into Expedia and Travelocity again to see if they can compete price-wise. Any other tips, advice etc would be very welcome I appreciate your thought and time.

What do you think about booking 2 hotels the 7th-13th through PRICELINE, then adding a single hotel room the 14-16 and the 8th and 9th through HOTWIRE?

Do you mean thru HOTWIRE's 'opaque' service? If so, how will you ensure the same hotel? As well, thru their opaque service, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel room at each star level, so even if you 'know' the amenities of the hotel you're looking for, there is a good chance that the hotel you're hoping for won't be the one shown for your dates (and you want the same hotel to appear at both the front and and backend of your stay).

If those arriving late and leaving late are willing to change hotels then the above is an option, but if you need the same hotel for the duration of the entire trip for all dates then there is too much risk involved, imo.

You could book the additional rooms thru traditional booking channels, but as you don't know the hotel you will receive thru PRICELINE you can't ensure that the hotel won't be sold-out for the additional nites OR be prohibitively expensive.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If those arriving late and leaving late are willing to change hotels then the above is an option, but if you need the same hotel for the duration of the entire trip for all dates then there is too much risk involved, imo.
I was thinking of finding the secondary deals that show the hotel names but booking the 2 hotels from the 7th-13th first with Priceline.
Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.
Of course.

I've also sent a special request to priceline asking them to help me with the custom bid...we'll see if they'll accommodate me. I'll let you all know what they say.

I was thinking of finding the secondary deals that show the hotel names but booking the 2 hotels from the 7th-13th first with Priceline.
You still run the risk that the hotel is sold-out or prohibitively expensive... overpaying for the same hotel for the additional nites could eliminate all the savings of your first purchase.

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the key thing is having all three parties at the same hotel on 10/7 and 10/8....and being in the same hotel isn't as essential for the other dates you could:

1) Bid three rooms for three nights, 10/7-10/10. One party won't arrive until 10/8, so one of the nine nights you buy will be wasted. But that's the only way to insure three parties get the same hotel on Priceline. You have to buy them in one transaction.

2) Party #2 bids 10/10-10/16

3) Party #3 bids 10/10-10/13

Parties #2 and #3 will have to move once, and not necessarily to the same hotel, but all three parties will be together on the key nights.

I definitely want the same hotel (so the kids can swim together)

Also I should mention Priceline hotels aren't guaranteed to have a pool.

You could do the same strategy as above on Hotwire, only buying hotels that display a Pool icon.

1) Bid three rooms for three nights, 10/7-10/10. One party won't arrive until 10/8, so one of the nine nights you buy will be wasted. But that's the only way to insure three parties get the same hotel on Priceline. You have to buy them in one transaction.

If you go this route i would have the room of the person not showing up until the following day be put in the name of one of the people who will be there on the first day of check-in... this will prevent the hotel thinking the guess is a no-show and having the rest of the reservation canceled as well. If you do put the room in three different names, i would have the 3rd person call on day of arrival and let the hotel know he is delayed but will be checking the following morning/day.

Also, since you need a hotel with a pool, you could use HOTWIRE for the same date breakdown above. However, you can then also search 10/10-10/16 (for 2 rooms) and 10/10-10/13 (for 2 rooms) (even though i'm aware you don't need 2 room for each set of dates) and see if what appears to be the same hotel is offered... if so, this would increase the chances that those staying for these legs of the trip can get the same hotel. You could also then do a search for 3 rooms for 10/7-10/10 and see if these match what is offer for the later dates (which would increase the probability of the same hotel for the entire length of stay for everyone).

Lastly, what is your budget per nite for this trip, as Seattle has been very expensive lately, so all of this may be for naught if your budget isn't realistic.

My budget for hotel rooms is realistic, I just want to save as much money as is possible. There's no reason to spend more than you have to, right? I think the unrealistic requirement is being able to book 3 hotels for different lengths of stay in the same hotel. I think, after all of the advice I've gotten off of this board, I'll tweak my plan a bit.

I'll book the 7th-13th for 2 Hotel rooms

I'll add a room at whatever nearby hotel I can get for the 8th and 9th

I'll then add another room for the 13th-16 for my wife child and I. I'd be the only one switching hotels during the stay and if I upgrade the hotel or room I can pass it off as a surprise, instead of me being to cheap to pay full price to get the same room throughout our stay :)

Thanks again, I'll use the links and post whatever deals I can get.

Rolled the dice with PRICELINE and won.

Tried Seatac+Bellevue at $50/night for 2 rooms and was denied. Added Downtown Spaceneedle and raised bid to $54/night and was accepted. Made following bid for 3* Downtown Spaceneedle (only)for 10/8 as well as 10/13-16 at $54 and was accepted on both. Total of 3 rooms for differing dates. I used the PRICELINE link provided here and am very happy. BTW with taxes it came to $61 and change per night for all rooms and bookings.

Got everything I'd wanted. thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]