Priceline Hotel: Atlantic City Chelsea

JF1980
By JF1980,
in

Does anyone know if you win this hotel on Hotwire or Priceline if your guaranteed to get the Luxe Tower and not the Annex. There seems to be significant differences in quality of the rooms between the two.

Is it possible that the Annex is included on both the sites at a lower star level and the Luxe is included at the 4* level?

FYI, I used the link tonight for Priceline for the dates of July 31st to August 1st.

I bid 3.5* and had 3 free rebids. Went from $45 to $60 and had no luck. After I failed I was thinking about it and trying to find my answer about the room location through the old posts on this site, but there seems to be no definitive answer. For the future when someone says they won the Chelsea you should have them confirm what type of room, Annex or Luxe.

I'm really surprised AC is so expensive on a sunday night considering all i read about his how much AC is struggling with the Pennsylvania hotels now taking some of their business.

If you look at the Priceline Hotel List you'll see that with PRICELINE users have received both the Luxe Tower and the Annex at the same star level. In the Hotwire Hotel List you'll see the Chelsea Luxe Tower listed as a 4* property and the Chelsea Annex listed as a 2.5* property. Of course star ratings and hotel policty are subject to change, but this is the information based upon the last reports to the board.

What appears to be the Chelsea Luxe Tower is currently offered on HOTWIRE for $87/nite, if that is of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Thanx for the follow-up and closing this thread. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please check for and use the links in our Support Page whenever possible for your non-opaque purchases, as we have links there to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Yellowdog.

i chickened out on the Chelsea because i didn't want the Annex. At a really cheap price i would have considered the Annex, but not for a significant amount of money. I wound up booking the AC Days Inn directly through them.

Greetings! I recently won the 4* Chelsea through PRICELINE. Upon check in, I reminded the clerk that my reservation was for the Luxe tower and he confirmed. The Annex is an older "motel" style building and it is a lower star rating. We received a great room, I think it was on the 15 th floor, with a view of the condo tower across the street, and a limited view of the ocean. As you can imagine, the summer is high season for any hotel along the Jersey Shore, although Sunday night stays are typically lower occupancy. There are several Days Inns in Atlantic City, so I can't comment on your specific property, but you may want to continue bidding or monitor HOTWIRE as your travel dates approach. I would also check out PRICELINE Express deals. There is a 5% off promotion through a link on the board or on thereyouare's signature.

I would recommend checking out the Landshark Bar and Grill in front of Resorts, its a new open air beachfront bar with a great view of the ocean.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]