Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Crowne Plaza Anaheim

islandgal
By islandgal,
in

Hi! I'm in the process of planning a summer Disney trip. Please help me with some bidding/pricing strategies, using Priceline for a 3* hotel near Disneyland on the dates: 09/25/2005 - 09/30/2005. What types of bidding strategies would you suggest? What price should I start at? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

I think in the Disneyland area you have a good chance of getting two rooms for about that price or even less. Quite often a bid in the $35-50 range or even less works for Disneyland. Would you consider bidding for two rooms if they come in under your total price?

You probably will have no problem getting the two double beds - but people have reported an occasional problem with the Anabella, which is one 3* hotel on Priceline in the Disneyland area. But two rooms would certainly be more spacious and comfortable.

Yes, if we could split our previous bid of $95, we wouldn't mind getting two rooms vs. one. That would be a good idea. Any bidding/pricing strategies? If we did do two rooms, should we call the hotel directly to see whether it would be okay to have two rooms side by side?Thanks.

You have 4 re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in this zone. If you're not sure of your re-bid zones please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding.

Select 3* Disneyland...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $41, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $44, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Disneyland and re-bid zone4...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50.

Any questions feel free to ask. You can decide if you'd like to bid for one room or two.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi! We tried bidding last evening to bid on a 3* Disney area hotel, for the original dates posted - all unsuccessfully. Here are our failed bids:

$38 Disney (rejected)

$42 Added Re-bid Zone 1: Anaheim Hills (rejected)

$45 Added Re- bid Zone 2: Fountain Valley (rejected)

$48 Added Re-bid Zone 3: Seal Beach (rejected)

$51 Added Re-bid Zone 4: Laguna Hills (rejected)

Then had another person traveling with us try:

$52 Disney (rejected)

$53 Added Re-bid Zone 1: Anaheim Hills (rejected)

$54 Added Re-bid Zone 2: Fountain Valley (rejected)

$55 Added Re-bid Zone 3: Laguna Hills (rejected)

At this point, we closed our browser and re-accessed priceline:

$55 Added Re-bid Zone 4: Seal Beach (rejected)

$56 (Disney/Anaheim) (rejected)

We'll try again at a later time.

Hi! I just wanted to update everyone on my progress... we decided to bid again and we got the Crown Plaza Resort: I got a bid for $58, Crowne Plaza Resort, Anaheim for September 25-30th.

Here is how I got it:

Bid $52 Disneyland (rejected)

Bid $54 Re-bid zone, 1: Anaheim (rejected)

Bid $56 Re-bid zone, 2: Fountain Valley (rejected)

Bid $58 Re-bid zone: 3: Seal Beach.....accepted! :)

Number of Nights 5

Subtotal: $290

Taxes and Service Fees: $44.31

Total: $334.31

Thanks again for all the help! We really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Might be useful for those intending to stay here.

"The hotel charges a nominal daily resort fee of $9.00 per day, which includes: Self parking, Disney Resort Shuttle, Access to the Fitness Center, use of the Business Center and a California Tourism Fee and Marketing Assessment."

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]