Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Jose (Downtown) Fairmont

peacechik
By peacechik,
in

Searched 3 nights for one person 6/29-7/2 in San Jose.

4* for $78 with these amenities: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, HiSpeed Internet

Recommended in 95% of customer reviews.

I searched tripadvisor's hotel rankings and none have 95% approval ratings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The "95% recommended" that you see refers to Hotwire reviews, not TripAdvisor reviews. Hotwire doesn't issue any info about which hotels have what % recommended so that 95% figure doesn't help with the ID---although it tells you this is a well-liked hotel, whatever it is.

The Hilton San Jose has been reported with those icons before but at 3.5* level. The 4/5 TripAdvisor rating also matches Hilton. So the Hilton would be my best guess, upgraded from 3.5* to 4*.

If you purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

p.s. Hotwire recently merged the Downtown San Jose and Airport zones into a single "San Jose Area" zone. The Hotel List isn't updated yet to reflect the zone merge, so check the listings in both zones (Downtown and Airport) to view the universe of possibilities.

I'm still seeing the same hotel that peacechik originally posted, including Restaurant icon, now for $78.

peacechik--it doesn't happen often but occasionally someone wins a hotel that shows Sold Out on the hotel's own website. One scenario where that can happen is if the hotel assigns a bucket of rooms to Hotwire inventory, then sells out their regular priced inventory before the Hotwire rooms are gone. At that point the revenue manager would usually convert some or all the remining Hotwire inventory into regular priced rooms. But if you happen to be searching Hotwire before the conversion's done you might still find a room there, even though the hotel shows Sold Out on its own website.

So the Sold Out doesn't completely rule Hilton out.

But on further inspection I think this could also be the Doubletree, which has never been reported as a Hotwire win before. The Fairmont's another possibility, also unreported so far.

The posted icons are very common and could apply to almost any 4* hotel. In light of Hilton's Sold Out status I'm favoring Doubletree now, with Fairmont and Hilton also possibilities.

I see this property now too...

Colfax knows this area better then i do, so at the risk of being wrong, i'll throw my hat into the ring and guess this is the Fairmont.

While not ideal, since this a 3 nite stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Colfax and Thereuare. Doubletree has been showing up a fair amount as a priceline win lately, though I haven't seen my dates. Both Doubletree and Fairmont have availability for around $190/night on their websites. I might go the priceline route as 4 star rooms in San Jose seem to be showing up for around $65/night. Doubletree would be convenient. Fairmont would be fine, too. Would you recommend trying now, starting at $55 or waiting till less than a week out? I always use your links.

Thanks,

Peace

I'd start now and bid within the 'generally accepted range' while not chasing this and overbidding... if you reach a point where you feel you should have been accepted, then i'd stop and try again a day or two later.

For additional in on timing a bit see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

You can just continue this thread and if you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll then move to the correct section of the board.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board... we appreciate it!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oops, I meant that HOTWIRE now showing $80 night for same 4 star property.

Started bidding at $59 up to $65, no luck. Had two free rebids left, so I logged out and started over using San Jose and one of my free rebids $67. This time I got the counteroffer to add at least $20. Instead, I added my last free rebid with $69 bid. Rejected.

If $75 is your maximum bid i'd try as follows, using your FOUR re-bid zones:

Select 4* San Jose...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $71, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received one of the hotels guessed and that you, and your husband, are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm this property for the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]