Priceline hotel amenities

Memphis9489
By Memphis9489,
in

I am a much more experienced Hotwire user. I am just getting familiar with Priceline.

With Hotwire, although you do not know the exact hotel, it has a convenient list of icons that are very useful.

It does not seem Priceline has anything like that.

For instance, sometimes it is essential that my hotel have an airport shuttle. Hotwire tells you that! Or, it may be important to know if the hotel has a pool or not. Hotwire tells you that in advance.

With Priceline, it seems you are bidding much more in the dark.

Am I missing something?

With HOTWIRE, you are offered a set of listings w/amenities, zone, star rating and price. PRICELINE's "Name Your Own Price" service is more opaque - you are not given a set of amenities but instead bid on hotels, choosing star rating and zone. PRICELINE is cheaper than HOTWIRE, but is more opaque. Please read: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire for more information. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Priceline does guarantee some amenities for the various quality levels. A Priceline 4*, for example, is guaranteed to have a restaurant serving 3 meals, a concierge, and fitness center.

But there is no Priceline quality level that guarantees an airport shuttle or pool.

• 1 month later...

Having used both I have found that PL is almost always cheaper than HW. Both are very simple to identify potential properties if you know where to look. Lists of HW/PL hotels. If you are concerned about a getting a particular amenity, check the PL list of the hotels with the star rating you prefer and see if the listed hotels have that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]