Priceline Hotel: Boutique Chicago (NMA) Omni Ambassador East

lawdeda
By lawdeda,
in

I probably made a mistake here but I was getting frustrated. I really need four nights but I'm working on getting Intercontinental stay one night get second free coupon as I am an Ambassador member.

Here's the bidding from a previous night: 4* NMA at $75 nogo, added Stokie $80 nogo, added Midway $85 nogo.

Tonight - 4* NMA at 90 was a nogo -- then here's the mistake - I added Boutique and went to $95 -- accepted.

Its the Omni which I have never stayed at but have heard mixed review.

Hotel Name: Omni Ambassador East

1301 North State Parkway

Chicago, Illinois 60610

312-787-7200

Your Offer Price: $95.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $380.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $68.04

Total Charges: $448.04

Check-In Date: Thursday, June 2, 2005

Check-Out Date: Saturday, June 4, 2005

The Omni is a nice older hotel in a pleasant area. If you're looking for a bite to eat during your stay, walk 4 or so blocks South on state from the hotel and there's a Corner Bakery on the East side of the street. I'm also a fan of Chipotle, which makes great burritos - that's 3 blocks or so South of you. If you walk 2 blocks South to Division, then a couple of blocks West to Dearborn, Edwardo's Pizza (an underrated Chicago pizza) is about 1/2 block North on Dearborn.

Oak St. Beach is a few blocks East. There's a CVS pharmacy just a couple blocks South if you need snacks/etc. There's also a Jewel Grocery if you go 2 blocks South to Division and then 3 blocks or so West on Division. The little Old Town area is just NW of here (Zanies Comedy Club, etc.) There's also a subway stop nearby and a few bus routes running nearby that head downtown.

Good luck in getting the Intercontinental - I enjoyed my stay there.

We've landed here and our only issue was having a vehicle and the huge parking fees in the area, but a walk of under one mile found $14 overnight parking. Pump Room is the hotel restaurant; room service once came delivered by monocal wearing Englishperson. Most of the neighbors are wealthy enough to laugh at the thought of people working for a living; try pretending you don't and enjoy the vibe. Hotel across street was converted to condos.

Most of the neighbors are wealthy enough to laugh at the thought of people working for a living; try pretending you don't and enjoy the vibe.

They must laugh at me more than I know, then. I live a couple of blocks away. Actually, it's not a whole lot more expensive than Lincoln Park.

This hotel has far more of a neighborhood feel than any of the things on Michigan Avenue, though. This might end up being a positive.

The snob in me would tell you to shop at Treasure Island (Elm & Clark) rather than the Jewel, though. That Jewel is getting renovated right now so it's not the greatest shopping experience.

OMNI AMBASSADOR REVIEW

I just posted a review for this hotel that I wrote about 5 months ago.

I don't know... the whole bedsheet thing is really strange (maybe it is a non-issue now), as at least 2 people other than me have commented about it on the internet forums.

It is a good 10-15 minute walk until you get to the beginning of (north edge) Mag Mile.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]