Priceline Hotel: Seeking Help Elizabethtown 6/24/05

lee1
By lee1,
in

We would like to stay in Elizabethtown on 5/24 (Friday). Although there are other hotels in the Lancaster and Harrisburg/Hershey region we want to stay in Elizabethtown because my son has a 5k race at 8 am on Saturday. Does anyone have any clue what the 2* hotel is in Elizabethtown and what a good bid would be? There are no free rebids for that area. My first and only bid thus far for $42 was rejected.

HI,

If I can get a 2 star from Priceline for $65 or less then I will take that. If I cannot then I will choose to stay most likely in the Hershey/Harrisburg region.

I just recently did a check on a Holiday Inn Express in Elizabethtown for 6/24 and there is no availability. It is possible that nothing is available at "any" price.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

it looks like PL has an Elizabethtown zone showing only 1* and 2*, there is no map of this zone on Priceline. FYI, there is a Hampton Inn at the intersection of Rt. 72 and the PA turnpike Lebanon Exit, this looks pretty close to Elizabethtown. You can make your reservation online by using one of the Travel Links to Support Better Bidding above, just go to the Hilton website.

Hi,

The correct date is 6/24. Thanks for noticing my error. I've made too many in my most recent posts. It looks like I may have to stay a little outside of Elizabethtown unless there is another location that I have not found.

Any idea what the 1 star likely is?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

My bidding was never successful. I eventually went to $48 for a two star for the Hershey/Harrisburg area with no luck Apparently too many places were booked in this region (Where Hershey Park is located) for Friday evening on 6/24. I ended up using the PRICELINE link where you can directly choose your Hotel. We took the Super 8 in Mechanicsburg for $50. That way I knew where I was going to be starting from for the trip to Elizabethtown for the 5K (where no rooms were available at all). It was no bargain but it worked.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]