Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Sacramento (Downtown) Clarion Mansion Inn

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

Clarion Mansion Inn

700 16th Street

Sacramento, CA 95814

Icons as previously reported: Smokefree, Restaurant, Fitness, Business, Pool, Highspeed

This hotel is called "Mansion Inn" because it's across the street from the old Governor's Mansion at 16th and H. Thirteen governors and their families lived there from 1877 to 1967, when Nancy Reagan declared the Victorian era structure a firetrap and moved her family to a newly built house in the Sacramento suburbs. The mansion's been unoccupied since and today it's a state park you can tour for $5.

The Clarion Mansion Inn's seen better days. I had to switch rooms twice before I found one acceptable. First room was next to an irritatingly loud pool filter. Second room had broken chairs and nonfunctioning electric outlets. Third room was just fine with a picture window view of the Governor's Mansion. Getting to that room was work though!

To help sustain this useful board I puchased through the BetterBidding HOTWIRE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to hear the first two rooms weren't acceptable, but glad to hear the hotel worked with you to find something acceptable and that it all worked out in the end.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

After getting settled in, hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]