Hotwire Hotel: Stopping by San Diego in June

therock9182
By therock9182,
in

Hey all, I'm looking at booking a hotel (through this board's priceline and HOTWIRE links, of course) around the time of June 8th-12th. I definitely want to book downtown either in the gaslamp or east village areas. I've stayed downtown several times before and had great success. What have people's experiences been like at hotels within that area? The rates for the nicer hotels are just too good to pass up right now. Around $100 bucks for 4 and 5 star hotels downtown? CANNOT beat that!

I definitely want to book downtown either in the gaslamp or east village areas.

Priceline's Downtown-Harbor Island zone is much larger than just Gaslamp and East Village areas, and you could win the Sheraton on Harbor Island, a few miles from Gaslamp.

If you only want Gaslamp or East Village areas Hotwire's probably a better choice because Hotwire divides the same Downtown territory into three zones. Not only does Hotwire have a Gaslamp zone; they've got Gaslamp North and Gaslamp South now. Hotwire usually costs more than Priceline, but it might be worth it for the certainty you'll be in the nieghborhood you want.

When you check your dates on HOTWIRE do you find any interesting options? If you'll post the icons someone will try to ID.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]