Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Burbank-Universal

Blueskies
By Blueskies,
in

Any idea what hotel this would be 2.5 * and $121 for room for search for both 2 or 4 people for one night 18th July (Monday night)?

Selected amenities include: Airport Shuttle, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service).

I think the chances are I will take the Priceline 3 * option as it looks like the Burbank Hilton is most likely to come up between $60-65 and I would prefer 2 rooms anyway. But curious which one this might be. I can't see this one on the list of wins.

Thanks as ever for this board.

This hotel has not been identified, but just a guess would be the Ramada Inn. Regardless, for $121 i think you can do much better with Priceline.

Keep this thread current for your priceline attempts (or ask for help if you need it) and if/when ultimately successful we'll more this thread to the Priceline section of the board if necessary.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for that. Yes, I would like your advice - need 2 rooms for 1 night 18th July.

We have reservations in Beverly Hills for 16th and 17th but thought that we would be better to be near the airport as our flight is at 11am and scared we get caught in traffic. We don't know the area at all. We have a car to drop off at Burbank.

Would like to get the Hilton at Burbank but happy to get any of the three stars in that area. I understand there are no free rebids but I have a bit of time. Nothing on hotwire above 2.5* or I may have been tempted to try a double the difference with Hotwire (but I know that would have been risky). We could get a room through Hilton for family for $169 or $157 if prepay but I would prefer 2 rooms for that price or less.

Can you advise on best strategy here?

After reading lots of posts I think I will be able to use the Savings Barn link even if I am from UK so will give it a whirl.

Thanks

Tried $50 for 3* - no luck. I will try again in 72 hours as there are no re-bid zones.

Had a lot of hassle getting P/l to take my card as I used the Priceline.com via Savingsbarn.com as I wanted to give something back and think I know how to work it now. Till next time.

Thanks and goodbye

Thanks. I used your link to Hilton.com to make the reservation at Burbank Hilton Airport, which is cancellable. I may have a try later as we would prefer 2 rooms but I am not willing to bid to a price that will take us $10-$20 or so lower than the rate I can get for that hotel (albeit 1 room) as I might get something further away or less desirable. Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]