Hotwire Introduces "Add a Night"

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

Hotwire recently introduced a new "Add to Your Stay" feature, similar to Priceline's "Add a Night". You can now add additional nights, if available, up to the number of nights in your original reservation. (i.e. if you bought three nights you can add up to three more).

You can extend the start of your stay or the end and "Add to Your Stay" is accessible until 10am on checkout day.

Hotwire also added another new feature called "Add a Room" that oneups Priceline. You can now add one room (and one room only) to an accepted reservation, if available.

What's neat is you can add the second room for a shorter subset of the original dates. For example if you need one room for seven nights and another room for five or six nights you can add the second room to the original reservation for a shorter term--any number of days you want. Until now you had to make two separate purchases and there was some risk of winning two different hotels.

I think "Add to Your Stay" and "Add a Room" will be popular features.

While great features I can see some hotels messing up your billing with the add a room feature. Ive booked 2 rooms via hotwire and because of the way the clerk checked me out I got more than double billed for the rooms. I shouldnt have even rec'd a bill but the clerk at the Crown hotel in Hollywood Florida just couldnt understand that so he redid my billing over and over and couldnt get it down to zero. In the end I believe I had to pay an extra $39 or so just to get the heck out of the hotel. I won't even pay for two rooms at the same time via hotwire anymore because of this.

Hope it works out though!

• 1 month later...

That's not really HW's fault. When you book through HW, you pay upfront for the reservation, billed a rate per night/room. So if you have a reservation for $50/night/room....for one night and one room, you pay $100 + taxes and fees, that's it.

If a hotel ever bills you additional amounts that Aren't for incidentals such as phone calls or room service, etc, then you need to demand they be reversed. If the hotel refuses. contact HW(or your booking agency) and advise them.

Usually they'll ask you to send in the receipt from the hotel and maybe a credit card statement showing payment, and will call the hotel and demand they reverse the erroneous amounts on your behalf, which the hotel will unless it's a valid charge.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I've used the "Add a Room" feature before, but this time, it's not working. I was able to book the original room for $85. But when I try to add a room for the same nights, the price jumps to $235.

Would you recommend I just wait? Has anyone ever had this happen and then the price magically goes down again?

Thanks for your help.

M.

I was able to book the original room for $85. But when I try to add a room for the same nights, the price jumps to $235.

It would be appreciated if you shared your win with the board so that the information can best help other users, then ask the question above within your thread and we'll reply to you there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]