Priceline Hotel: [help] 3-4* End of May -- Union Square

justinp85
By justinp85,
in

So I am planning a trip to SF for 4 days, 3 nights towards the end of May.

My original plan was to do May 21-24 (Sat-Tues) but I am having a tough time with hotels on regular sites and priceline. I can shift it down a day or two if that will help.

Second option is to do May 29 Sunday to Wed or something.

Any idea on why Expedia shows no rooms for the first weekend? Something crazy going on? How will memorial day impact the normal activities the second weekend?

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, with no flexibility on my dates, as I have a plane ticket booked May 21-28 (Sat-Sat) coming from Canada.

I am flexible with area and star level to an extent 3*, 3.5*, 4* in Union Square or Embarcadero (or I suppose Fisherman's Wharf-though I have not been choosing this). I have worked my bids up to $100 and am wondering if I should try bidding for May 22-28 and pick up the Saturday night through hotwire or just from the hotel website if I am getting desperate.

Was starting to wonder if I should be asking for help. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

i asked this on tripadvisor and someone said:

From May 21st-25th the US Travel Association is hosting a moderate sized convention (5,500 attendees and 3,700 rooms). Although dwarfed by something like Orace OpenWorld (45,000 attendees and 15,700 rooms) it's still enough to put a dent in the room inventory around Union Square, particularly because I suspect some of the local hotels will be "showing off" their charms.

www.ustravel.org/events/international-pow-wow

Was starting to wonder if I should be asking for help. Any suggestions appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your future bidding, searches and purchase (please click this PRICELINE link before starting a NEW TOPIC). Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What's the general plan then? Try more zones in addition to USE? Bid higher in USE? Switch to your alternate travel dates? Wait and see if prices come down in the next couple weeks?

It's posssible the amounts you've bid could be accepted in other zones. i.e. $117 for 4* might work in Embarcadero-Financial, and $95 for 3* might work in USW.

Ya I am waiting for the airline tickets to come down a little before I make the final decision on dates. So right now it's a wait and see approach. I am thinking of adding the Financial district zone. It might be the best option to keep the cost down.

The 4* hotels are about 100 bucks more for the first set of dates and the 3.5* are like 60 more.

Since you haven't bought your plane ticket yet I suggest checking PRICELINE's Vacation Packages (Air + Hotel) for a nice combo deal.

Since you're date flexible, plug in the various date sets you're considering and you'll see which dates have the lowest total package prices. The cheapest dates to fly might not turn out to be the cheapest trip overall, if hotels are high during those dates. With package rates you get one simple figure that's makes comparing total costs for various date sets easy.

Another plus to PRICELINE Vacation Packages--you can choose your hotel by name, know what you're getting, but at a discounted rate, sometimes similiar to what you would have paid on "Name Your Own Price".

let me ask you guys something...if I am unsuccessful at a bid today..at say 135..can I retry that bid 2-3 days later and win based on the same bids?
Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]