Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (Mission Valley) Sheraton Mssn Vlly

commercialair
By commercialair,
in

I am considering bidding on 3* properties in Mission Valley. I prefer the Double Tree Mission Valley, and I want to avoid the Handlery. When I check the Handlery's direct site, it is not available for my stay dates. So does that mean that I am safe from winning Handlery on Priceline? From what I understand, Priceline does not pre-buy any rooms to resell, so I am thinking that I am safe from getting the Handlery.

I also see that I can get what appears to be the Sheraton Mission Valley on Priceline for $75 which I am also considering. I have never been to Southern Cal, so I am not exactly where to stay for this pleasure trip. I have also considered Del Mar. Nice beaches are important to me as is nice shopping--like Pottery Barn, Banana Republic, etc.

Any tips or comments would be appreciated.

I am considering bidding on 3* properties in Mission Valley. I prefer the Double Tree Mission Valley, and I want to avoid the Handlery. When I check the Handlery's direct site, it is not available for my stay dates. So does that mean that I am safe from winning Handlery on Priceline? From what I understand, Priceline does not pre-buy any rooms to resell, so I am thinking that I am safe from getting the Handlery.

I can't say about this specific hotel, but many people have reported getting hotels on Priceline that are sold-out on the hotel web site.

If there's any justice, your odds of getting the undesired hotel should be less - but you know that doesn't always work out that way.

Have you considered Hotwire to try to bypass it altogether?

I am still watching and waiting. I have found that the Sheraton on Hotwire is now $89. But if I break the stay up, I can get the first 5 nights at $59 and the remaining 3 nights at $89 at what seems to be the same hotel.

Does Hotwire allow two consecutive bookings at the same property without a night to sepatate the stays?

Yup... been done many times. At check-in let the hotel know that you have separate but consecutive reservations and they'll usually block off the room for you... although you will often have to to to the front desk on 'swap' day to have them officially check you out and then back in.

If you do purchase thru HOTWIRE and split the stay, please use this HOTWIRE link for each purchase (ie- use the link for one purchase, then return and start the next purchase with this link as well... if you simply go back to their home page after the first purchase no credit will be given) Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations, glad it worked out as expected.

No need to re-post... i'll move this entire thread to that side of the board so that everyone can follow along the history of your thought process.

Nice job checking the split dates and savings yourself even more!

As always, thank you for sharing your results and for using the links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]