Non Smoking Room

vanclan
By vanclan,
in

Yesterday we bid and won a room on Priceline. As I have always done in the past, I then phoned the hotel today to request a non smoking room. I have never encountered an additional charge for this. I was told that there was an additional charge of $11.00 for a non smoking room. Is this normal? I was very surprised. And from those non smokers who have been in smoking rooms...how much smoking odour might I encounter?? Thanks for any input or help.

The clerk at the Ramada in Newark had to ask the desk manager if it was OK to give me a non-smoking room. It was a wednesday stay and the hotel was probably close to being filled and one entire floor was closed for renovations. I turned on the charm and gave her a big smile, and it worked! If worse comes to worse, just keep calling housekeeping to spray odor neutralizer on the curtains and carpets and go out for awhile, it might get better. If there are empty rooms, they should not charge you for this, BTW, what is the name of this hotel?

Comfort Inn Pickering, ON (2* in the Scarborough/Pickering area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.) I've never run across this additional charge in any Canadian hotel I've stayed in before.....perhaps because it was purchased through Priceline??? It's only one night...and probably won't be that bad...

I've encountered officiousness about non-smoking rooms maybe twice or three times out of 50+ Priceline stays. Once I was flat-out told the non-smoking rooms were reserved for higher-paying folks; I've also been told the place was "sold out" but was 99% sure it was not ... next time maybe I'll call their bluff by calling their national reservation line.

Funny this is, this has only happened at 2* places (maybe one was 2

Glad to hear this isn't a common occurrence....I've only used priceline a few times so I wasn't sure. I think I'll follow your advice and not pay for the non smoking unless it is really necessary....and as was stated earlier ... perhaps it was a non smoking guest previous to me too. No matter....it's a night away at a GREAT price and I'm happy!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]