Priceline Hotel: 3* New Haven (Hamden-North Haven) Clarion Hamden

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

I bid up to $53 for each night seperately and got rejected. I closed the browser and reopemed an bid at $51 for both 2 1/2 stars and 3 star adding North haven to hamden and Brandford. I was offered to bid again if I bid another $15 to $66 dollars I rejected and closed the browser then reopened the page and bid $53 for 3 star which was rejected and then $55 for 2.5 stars and got accepted. The rates for these nights kept on going up and up as the time went by. I had started bidding at around 5 pm and by 7 pm many properties had doubled their rates with some going even higher than that. I would not normally bid this high but felt I should take it because I did not want to be w/o a hotel room and since I didn't have the nicest stay at the Orange Marriot courtyard, I didn't want to stay there again. Now I really wish I just stayed there but... you live and learn.

This is a property that I do not see on the list.

2 nights @ $55.00

Subtotal: $110.00

Taxes & Fees: $22.14

Total Charges*: $132.14

The rates for these nights are $120 and $119. Honestly can't see anyone paying these rates to stay here. If Iknew it was THIS hotel I was bidding on I wouldn't have bothered and would have just bid for brandford.

Prieceline gave me directions to get to this hotel from West Haven that took me in a circle! It took me over 35 minutes to drive here with no traffic using there directions. Again, doing research is important.

What I like about this hotel: It has a pool and a hot tub

What I do not like about this hotel: THe pictures showed refrigerator and microwave in room but there is none in the regular rooms, only the "suites" have them and the rates for those rooms are $169 per night and those rooms sleep 6 with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. THe hallways are tight and the rooms are also a bit tight near the bathroom and the closet is so tiny it is hard to use.

THe clerk here went above and beyond his duty and helped me to feel comfortable here. THis hotel has been transfomed from an outside motel to an indoor hotel. You access your rooms via the lobby. I was given a room on the first floor due to having a small child with me which was very nice of the desk clerk. WHen I requested clean sheets I was not given any problems and was given the option to change rooms which I didn't.

The sheets here are sent out to be cleaned and they have both hair and dark round black and brown specks. It took a few tries but I finally got some clean sheets that were acceptable and it was comforting that the clerk was as grossed out as I was when I saw hair on the sheets and did not minimize my complaints.

Free internet, Breakfast is not included but you can purchase it via a small cafe in the lobby which offers Tazo tea which is Stgarbucks brand of tea.

I am sorry that I was unable to use your link to bid or place my winning bid. I tried and tried but kept getting "OOPS we can't connect you " from Google chrome. Eventually, I had to go ahead and make my purchase. Sorry if u didn't get the credit as I try to make it a point to use your links because I like your site and it has saved me so much money as well as given me insight into my travel purchases that I wouldn't get anywhere else. :)

Congratulations on your success!

While it doesn't sound as if this stay was perfect, it does sounds like the staff is very good and tries hard.

This area is known for 'steamed burgers' which are cooked in little metal trays cooked in a metal cabinet placed on a stovetop. Ted's Restaurant is one of the better known places and it's a real 'hole in the wall', local, place. Not the best burger i've ever had, but a interesting experience if you're looking for something different.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board for your bidding and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]