Is Hotwire Down

pamelajean
By pamelajean,
in

Thanks WillTravel - and help....

Am I in the twilight zone? This is so strange. I just tried rebooting, then getting to hotwire, coudn't. Could get everywhere else I tried (google, yahoo, priceline, back here, etc etc). Tried linking though Expedia - I get the "can't find this website" message.

Thanks, Thereuare.

You guys are so awesome to help here - and perhaps you think I'm crazy. I did click your link and got this: (the typical microsoft error message).

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked my security settings etc, I'm wondering if it has to do with my ISP?

Can you post the customer service # so I can find out

Your site is awesome- it has helped me get some great stays. Thanks

Maybe it's sheryl breaking into your PC and banning you from the world, because you post here...LOL

Just kidding.. good luck.

Seriously though.. how do other sites work for you? Is it your internet provider or security sytems on your PC.. dissallow cookies etc?? Any new software on your machine?? ITs worth a shot.. I had a problem like this when I had System Suite on my comp. I don't use it anymore..switched to Norton.

Just found this board a week ago or so. Used priceline many times, but used a different message board. I have had this same problem. I use priceline not hotwire. I am farther out from my trip than normal so I am having no luck with Priceline and I already have the plane tickets so I was looking at Hotwire. I was able to get in fine. Then a few days ago I could not get in. I thought the site might just be down, but for three or four days I can't get in. I was able to get in at my work computer so it must be my computer. I tried deleting my cookies and still no luck. The first time I was not able to get in was when I read the thread here about the $30 Entertainment Book rebate. There is a link to the rebate site that would not work. But the regular link does not work. I too have tried accessing it from several sources with no luck. I will post a seperate thread in the Chicago site as I will probably need some advice there or hopefully have a winning bid to post.

The REASON most people CAN't access Hotwire is USUALLY a problem localized to THEIR PC.

If the whole site is down, then the whole site is down and NO ONE can access it.

9 times out of 10 when people think the site is down it's just a problem on their computer, go to a different location and you'll have no problem

websites constantly go down for maintenance but sometimes with Hotwire I suspect it's newbies who aren't familar with the internet

:)

Since I can access at work but not home it must be a problem with my PC. The question is what is the problem and how can I fix it. I use the internet and computers in general quite a bit so I wouln't consider myself a newbie. It just seems strange that hotwire is the only site I have trouble with. I have been on 50 or more sites in the past few days with no problem. It also seems strange that one day I can get on the site and the next I can't. I didn't do anything unusual. I have tried deleting cookies and internet temp files and even cleared the recycle and re-booted. No success. Again I can get the site at work, but I don't have the internet time at work that I do at home to try many different senerios and I also only go into the office a few times a week. I probably would not use hotwire since I think priceline is better, but it would be nice to at least have that option.

mmmmmm you possibly could have the site blocked thru your security preferences in your web browser

or it could be spyware redirecting you to a different webpage everytime you try to access hotwire

one suggestion...

www.firefox.com

if you're having problems with IE it could be because it SUCKS, use firefox instead and you'll likely have no more problems accessing websites

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]