Priceline Hotel: General Cali tips

TheBugster
By TheBugster,
in

Hi guys,

With the help of this board, I've used Priceline extensively in California and the deep South on road trips usually out of season, which I guess has made life pretty easy from a bidding point of view.

I am looking into doing another road trip in California from San Fran down to San Diego etc - but this time probably in the middle of summer (first few weeks of August) as the wife is a teacher and that is the only time we can go. I want to priceline it as we go along again which has worked really well in the past, but I'm worried bidding of rooms may be quite difficult/high as it will be a busy period.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of the West Coast in the middle of August and can give any tips.

Many thanks

With the help of this board, I've used Priceline extensively in California and the deep South.......Many thanks
Welcome! Perhaps you can "pay it forward" and share a few of your extensive winning bids so that others may be helped? More data points and winning bids make this board more relevant.

thanks!

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

It would be appreciated if shared your wins with the board so that the information can help others... just as you were helped by those who posted before you.

If it's a high demand time then hotel direct rates will be high too, so while PRICELINE / HOTWIRE rates may not be low on an absolute basis, as long as the hotels aren't near capacity you should still be able to get good deals on a relative basis. Use the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins above to see rates last year (and the year before) for the areas and time frames you intend to visit.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Will you still be interested in bids from the past 2 years or so?
Sure... we'll take whatever you got :) Please use the following format for your posts:

TOPIC: Star Rating City (Zone) Hotel Name

SUB-topic: $xx ... m/d/yy-m/d/yy

Always clicked the PRICELINE link of course...
THANKS! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]