Priceline Hotel: 3* Kalamazoo $60 turned down

edarte
By edarte,
in

Sorry for not including all info.

One night only - April 14.

Priceline says average 3* hotel rate in area is $95. I can stay at Residence Inn in area (as I am a Marriott Platium member I usually get pretty good room) for $129.

So I was planning a re-bid on Wednesday for $65, $70 and $75.

Does this sound feasible or am I too low?

Surprized how high I have to go for this area. I guess there is not a lot of choice in 3*

If you were willing to bid higher you could utilize the advanced re-bid technique:

Kalamazoo

Kzoo + rebid1

(close browser)

Kzoo + rebid 2

Kzoo + rebid1 + rebid2

The above would give you one extra re-bid opportunity.

If you end up booking the Residence Inn please use our MARRIOTT link to do so.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I vaguely recall my parents getting that Residence Inn in Kalamazoo through Priceline when I was in college there almost 5 years ago.

There really aren't a lot in the 3* range in Kzoo which is probably why you aren't getting much, but the 2 1/2* hotels in the area are fine and in good areas, and I think there is a chance you could get the Residence Inn on Kilgore as a 2 1/2* bid on PL.

I figure it is too late for your trip but there are some good prices showing up for the night you are looking for at Travelaxe . It is a downloadable search program but I find it gives me a good overview of what is offered in the area I"m going too. Sometimes you can contact hotel direct and book that way. I have priceline bid succesfully for Kalamazoo a few times but typically only go for *2 star as they were not part of vacation nights just stop overs for odd reasons. (kids in college) (pick up point for daughter on mission trip)

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]