Priceline Hotel: Resort* KAUAI Radisson (8-10/8-14)

Skipper2108
By Skipper2108,
in

It's in Lihue and it is NOT a rat-trap! But you should think a little bit about what you want from your room and your stay. This hotel does not necessarily have super-luxurious rooms, but how much time are you going to spend there? Do you want a sunny spot to sit and have coffee in the morning? Then ask for a room with a sunny lanai in the morning (some of their rooms may seem a bit dark)! Do you have kids - maybe you want to be near the kids pool. But if you don't, make sure you ask for a room away from that! Those simple things will make the difference between a great stay and a mediocre or bad one. The Radisson is decent, it has nice grounds and a good location for exploring. And it is close to a couple of good (inexpensive) golf courses, if that is your game!

(And you can do the beach on Princeville or Poipu without staying there -- also, you might get a more dramatic ocean view room at the Sheraton but that area gets very crowded and some people are very unhappy with the Sheraton if they don't get a good ocean view room) Drop in on the high-priced resorts to visit their beach areas or to go for cocktails and to see the sunset (Princeville Resort is fabulous on their cocktail lounge lanai, and the astronomy group meets on the grounds to do evening star watches, complete with telescopes!)

We spent over 3 weeks in Kapaa on Kauai last year in a tiny tiny little room, but we had a nice sunny little lanai and that was the most important thing to us! We hardly even used the pool or the beach area where we stayed, because we FELL IN LOVE with Kauai and drove all over the island and found a zillion things to do. So we didn't care that we didn't have a great swimming beach right out our door. We had a great deal and we loved the island. Car rentals can be inexpensive on Kauai, you can tour the island and find fabulous beaches and hikes and surfing all over.

I guess what I am trying to say is that unless you spend a fortune, a Hawaiian hotel will not give it all to you right outside your door. But if you ask for the things that are most important to your enjoyment, they will work hard to give you that. So read the hotel details and focus on the things that will make the biggest difference to you.

And "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook" is pretty good, but you will be able to find your way around without it. Some of it was a bit lame or outdated, but it is still the one people recommend.

Yes sorry the zone is Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa

But that zone is half of the Island. Priceline did a bad job of zoning this island.

the hotel is not to far from airport.

Scorp,

Wow thanks for the detailed report and taking the time out to do it. I got many questions for you. I am running out the door now though.

This bid was for a friend who is going 4 days before our wedding. I am getting married at the Hyatt and I am staying there. She wanted to go 4 days earlier.

Will give you detailed questions tonight.

PS We got engaged at the Hyatt and know some of the sites. Then we go to MAui. If you got info on the Waliea area and things to do for honeymoon? We stay 10 days there.

thanks

Scorp,

Wow thanks for the detailed report and taking the time out to do it.  I got many questions for you.  I am running out the door now though.

First, congrats on the nuptials!!!

Wow, the Hyatt! Everyone LOVES the Hyatt. My hubby was involved in volunteering for the PGA Grand Slam of Golf Tournament which is held in conjunction with the Hyatt and we saw quite a bit of the hotel and got to play the Poipu Golf Course for free! (Well, he played, I drove the cart and enjoyed the sun and some fine beverages off the beverage cart!)

Please do let me know if I can offer any more information on Kauai. Here are a few tips, although some may be obvious!

Some tips for your friend at the Radisson:

Try asking for an oceanfront room! This is from the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]