Hotwire Hotel: What's happened to the Jersy City Hyatt?

MDTyKe
By MDTyKe,
in

On most dates it's COMPLETELY shot up in price - and I mean by a huge portion. But I was just checking someones dates from reading a psot on here, and near died - then looked at mine (Jun24-Jul8) and seen it's up to $270 odd a night! I got it for $71

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

its just a theory, but I suspect that they have jacked up the rates for dates of travel two or three weeks or more away, but for same day or a day before, the rates are lowered. As an example, on 4/25, I checked out Hotwire rates for a one night stay for 4/27 and the rate was $120. When I checked the rate a few weeks ago for the same dates of travel, the rate was around $225 or so. R.I.P. to the vaunted $37 rate...... :) When the revenue manager for this property has to explain why occupancy levels are down, will we see lower bids accepted? Stay tuned..... :)

Having just come back from a week there (one of the last on a ~$50 per night Priceline bid) I'd say on circumstantial evidence that occupancy rates are moderately high but by no means full. Lots of conference business and group travel, for example there was a youth orchestra in one night and a WNBA function another..

• 1 month later...

Looking at some dates, and recent Priceline sales, it seems the Jersey City Hyatt is now heading down in price again! For my dates, it went up to $273 i think it was.. now it's $147. Nowhere near the $73 we got it at, but it's getting there again!!!!

Matt

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]