Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Historic-Waterfront) Holiday Inn

sibley
By sibley,
in

I'd like some help with my bidding strategy for downtown Philly. I am a business traveler, and do not have a car. I'm working in Center City and need to stay in the downtown zone.

Dates: 3-27/4-1

Level: 3* or 4*

Zone: Downtown Philly

I'm paying $60 this week for a 3*. I'd like to keep it in that range for a 3*. Based on what my colleague (who Pricelines every week) told me, $50 usually is enough for a 3*, so I'm not sure how much I should bid.

What I'd really like is a 4*. Any idea how much I should bid to make that more likely? I'd be comfortable going up to $80 for a 4*.

My limitation is that I have to stay somewhere, and I'm afraid of "using up" my bids and then having to pay full price.

I'm afraid of "using up" my bids and then having to pay full price

That's when HOTWIRE comes into play! :)

However, if you bid today and are rejected with the bidding below, you still have another chance within 72 hours.

So here we go...

You have 7 re-bids available at the 4* level, only two re-bids at the 3* level. If you're not sure of your re-bids read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65 (don't use the 7th re-bid at this time, but remember which re-bid zone you have not yet added)

Rates don't look too high and i suspect/hope you'll have success with the above, if not report back and we'll move onto a 3* strategy.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was up to the $60 bid, and got this message:

Thank you for your patience. We're still looking for a hotel room at your price and should have an answer for you within 15 minutes. Click on the button below to get your answer.

Is this normal? Why did it happen?

Based upon current prices i'm somewhat surprised, but here is how to continue on for a 4*...

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone7 (the one you have not yet bid)...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $77, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $79, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80.

This will take you up to your $80 maximum. If the above fails we'll move onto 3 stars.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This will take you up to your $80 maximum. If the above fails we'll move onto 3 stars.

Good Luck.

I went up to $91 on the 4*, and $71 on the 3* and still struck out. :)

What is my next move? I fly in Sunday afternoon.

This was really simple and fun last week. Not so much now. :)

Have you used all your bids at the 3* level? If so you won't have any time to re-bid again before your PRICELINE 72 HOUR lock-out... or you could try SPLITTING YOUR BID.

Now it's time to check out HOTWIRE and see what is available there. You can go with the above suggestion or any of the other offerings. If you list the star rating and amenities shown we will try to help you identify the property.

Let us know what you decide/end up with or if we can help. Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]