Hotwire Hotel: San Diego 4.5* Help

Leigh Anne
By Leigh Anne,
in

I'm looking at a 4 1/2 * in Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center area Hotel for $109. This hotel features the following amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

This is the first time I've seen the Boutique icon. Does any one have a clue on what hotel this is? I'm trying to find out how much I'll have to pay for parking. The Hilton in this area wants $35/night!!!

ps..nothing personal thereuare but GO BUCKS!!! :)

Dates??? Most of the 4*+ hotels in the Gaslamp area will charge for parking. I know the Omni and Solamar do, but not sure about the Hilton Bayfront, which is not the same as the Hilton Gaslamp. According to the hotel list, the current HOTWIRE 4.5* offering looks like Se' San Diego.

If you go to the next page on HOTWIRE, there should be a box near the bottom of the page notifying of things like age at check in, resort fees, parking fees, and the like.

If memory serves, about a year ago, the Solarmar (which is a Kimpton boutique hotel) charged me 20$ per night to park and valet only.

Beware of the valets as they don't know how to drive a stick shift properly either. I could smell my clutch being burnt.

Alternatively, there is a parking structure down the street (1.5 block towards the convention center) from the Solarmar, which was like 6-8 bucks per night, but i didn't bother doing that.

But overall the Solarmar was very nice and convenient. They have a wine tasting/reception on the weekends, mostly cheap stuff around 12-15 per bottle. I would stay there again.

• 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]