Priceline Hotel: 3* Jersey City Jun 20-24

newyork2005
By newyork2005,
in

Let's take care of the NYC side of things first as that will be the more expensive part of your stay... don't want to get the easy side (NJ) and then not have anything affordable on the NYC side.

At least that is how i would do it... but let's stay on top of this to get it done "now" so to make sure that the HOTWIRE 'safety' above doesn't disappear.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

weird

a few other people are reporting prices like mine too:

Hoboken - Jersey City - See map [for Jun 20-24]

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Business Center. View complete amenity list and description

Ref No. 6330754192

$286 per room

per night

-- tried it in IE and Opera.. same thing

When bidding recently for my brother, we found the prices on Hotwire for the Hyatt Regency bounced around quite a bit. From $75 at one point to almost $200. The good news is they bounced down as well as up. So I'd keep watching it. Also, the rates varied tremendously depending on what dates we plugged in. So ultimately we got four nights at $75 a night, even though we only needed three nights. Getting the lower price for four nights was still cheaper than the higher price for three.

Good luck!

You don't want to stay at the Four Points, as discussed in this HOTEL REVIEW and the ones HERE.

I would be a little patient with this one and see how things play out over the next two weeks. The Hyatt will obviously be losing quite a bit of business with their current opaque rates (business which i would bet was incremental and didn't take away from their traditional bookings) so maybe they'll revert back to lower prices if they don't like losing the business and seeing the high level of vacancies that result (which is not good for the bottom line or employee moral... every employee that works on tips does not want to see high vacancy levels at their hotel)

There are always other areas to try (in and around the Meadowlands) but i wouldn't resort to trying those this far in advance of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rejected at $80 for 3* and 2.5*in Jersey City. Any higher than that and its not worth staying in Jersey.

I'll wait until the end of the month to see if the Hotwire rates change, and if not, I'm going to cancel the Eastgate Towers in NYC and book a 2 star in NYC (either the Grand Union for $116 or Best Western for $118) for the entire week through EasyClickTravel.

I appreciate all the help through this website, but its too bad that Priceline didn't work out for me.

Josh

using HOTWIRE, a 3* with Restaurant and Fitness Center shows up for $136 per night, this could be the Holiday Inn Midtown or Park Central Hotel, your walk out price with taxes and fees makes this $160.00 per night. I have stayed at the HI Midtown and it was just OK, but a decent location. Not sure about the Park Central, never stayed here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]