LAST MINUTE TRAVEL - Tool For Identifying Hotels

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

BEAV,

I took advantage of this free membership offer last June and have used LMT for a number of bookings since then.

One question; what happens when your membership is due for renewal ? Will they use your LMT booking information to renew your Club membership. I do not recall providing Credit Card details when signing up for the LMT Club.

Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you know if this technique is still working? I am unable to find the "more info" link when on the Last Minute Travel Site. I put in where I want to go, and a bunch of properties come up(N.Y.C) with some being named and the other anonymous. For those properties which are anonymous, I do not see a link for "more info," therefore, I am unable to try the ID# on the other site. I'm new to all of this, so any info you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi,

I joined, using the free code trick. Excellent.

I just tried booking a hotel, and ran into a strange problem. The room cost (for three nights) is $536.46. I got to the end of my booking, at the Review and Confirm page. The taxes/fees come to $106.77. In the "Reservation Details" box, the correct sum, $643.23, is listed. But in the "Review and Confirm" box, it says my card will be charged $681.39.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of discrepancy? What's going on?

(As it happens, for this trip the difference is very significant -- at the lower price I will book on Last Minute Travel, but at the higher price I will make a different reservation, not sure exactly which.)

Just wanted to add - I already had a LastMinuteTravel sign-in, and when I went to sign up for LMTClub last year it told me my e-mail was already in use. Sure enough, I used my existing LMT e-mail/password, and it signed me into LMTClub. I don't know if this works universally, but you may want to try using your existing LMT login credentials on LMTClub.

Just wanted to add - I already had a LastMinuteTravel sign-in, and when I went to sign up for LMTClub last year it told me my e-mail was already in use. Sure enough, I used my existing LMT e-mail/password, and it signed me into LMTClub. I don't know if this works universally, but you may want to try using your existing LMT login credentials on LMTClub.

I have found that in addition to usually being able to identify the hotel, the telephone operators are willing to give it to you before you commit. Since the rates are 100% refundable if you cancel more than 3 days out. You can always book and cancel as a last resort.

I just tried booking a hotel, and ran into a strange problem. The room cost (for three nights) is $536.46. I got to the end of my booking, at the Review and Confirm page. The taxes/fees come to $106.77. In the "Reservation Details" box, the correct sum, $643.23, is listed. But in the "Review and Confirm" box, it says my card will be charged $681.39.

Maybe you have solved this by now, but I would phone in about this discrepancy.

I did phone.

They said they had run out of inventory at the listed price, and that the hotel is supposed to change the listed price(!), but their own system determines the actual price of the available inventory for the credit card charge.

Weak answer. This never happens on HOTWIRE, so I don't see why it should happen on LMT.

This makes me much less likely to use LMT in the future.

This works great. Do you have to become a Club member for $49.99 a year in order to book a hotel on Last Min. Travel?

For LMTClub, you do have to be a member, but you can usually get the fee waived with the right promo code. Try TRAVELTWEET (it worked a few days ago).

For the regular Last Minute Travel site, you do not have to pay for a membership. For either that site, or EasyClickTravel (I can't remember offhand), the hotel listings often say something like - Call in for a better price. I'm not sure if that is the same price as at LMTClub, but you could compare them.

Ultimately you have to decide if the final price offered is a good one for what you want. Try LMTClub too if you haven't.

With various airfare sites, it's fairly common to click on a low fare and then it turns higher, because the inventory is not real-time. I'm not sure if hotels work the same way. With Hotwire, the final price is stable, but I have on occasion noted very weird (and high) fees and taxes from time to time.

In any event, the principle is the same - if the deal is good for what you want, then take it. It sounds like for you, the final price was not a deal you wanted.

Yeah. (I did join, with the free code.)

But I'm not going to shop for hotels if it takes me ten minutes to find out what the price really is for each hotel. I guess I would if HOTWIRE weren't available. But I really don't like the bait-and-switch, it rubs me the wrong way.

As it happens, the apparent offered price and the actual price were on opposite sides of my boundary (I have a discounted rate through another source).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just wanted to say THANKS for this valuable information, just wanted everyone to know that I just tried it and it works! SO it is still up to date and you do not have to become a member or even sign in with your email, you just need to use the link provided above and then cut and paste all the info following the Hotel ID and it works great! So glad to have a new source for a great way to be in the know and save money

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple of issues I've just discovered with LMT.

First, the fine print of the contract, if you join the club, says that you renew automatically each year, unless you notify them in writing (not email) 30 days before you're up for renewal. This is so even if you join for free using the code. So beware.

Second, LMT does not give you a real receipt. They give you a "Confirmation" stating the price, but the document does not say that the payment is received. For me, this means I can't use LMT for business travel, because I can't get reimbursed without a receipt stating that I actually paid. I tried contacting LMT, but they said sorry, that's the only receipt "our system can generate".

This second one was really disappointing because on the couple of occasions I've had to contact customer service the reps were very intelligent and engaged. Seems like someone there could have addressed this problem.

Anyway, I don't really mean this as a pure complaint -- I'll continue to use LMT for personal travel -- it's just a warning to others.

• 2 weeks later...

If the TRAVELTWEET code is still working, you should be able to get a free membership. If it doesn't work, please post back, and I'll try to find another.

exceptional thread guys, thank you and I can also confirm the above code works like a charm too!

thank you!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]