Thank You for Naming Your Own Price – Unfortunately, we cant...

bat
By bat,
in

Hi Bat,

I am far from a Newbie and this type of thing has happened to more than I want to say during the last 4 weeks or so. My theory is that Priceline is telling you that you may as well give up because you are not going to win a hotel; maybe a case of no inventory or maybe hotel prices are much higher than they assume you will be bidding. It is really annoying! In my case, they do not even give me a response to my bid but just send me over to the full price screen.

Since I always and we ALL should always go to Priceline by way of a link on the Better Bidding screen, when they send me to the full price screen, I simply click to go back to Better Bidding and right away use the link again to continue bidding. It's not ideal but it works.

Anyone else have theories on this?

Regards,

Donna

I think the average PRICELINE user doesn't bid multiple times (either is not willing to add another zone, doesn't know about re-bidding, or is just trying it out with a really lowball offer) and leaves the site upon the first rejected bid screen. By sending a user to the retail site it gives PRICELINE another opportunity to capture the sale from a user they know is 'ready to buy'.

Since I always and we ALL should always go to Priceline by way of a link on the Better Bidding screen, when they send me to the full price screen, I simply click to go back to Better Bidding and right away use the link again to continue bidding. It's not ideal but it works.
If you use the PRICELINE search box on the top right corner of the page, the city and date information stays in their while you're bidding, so if you're taken to the "retail" listings, you can simply close that browser, return here and click the GO button again, and all your information is propagate and ready to bid :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
I got this screen last night while bidding on Paris hotels. I haven't seen any confirmation that my bid was rejected though. Should I wait a few days to confirm that my VISA card has not been charged?

When this has happened to me, I wait about 30 minutes and check the history in my PRICELINE account. That will show whether or not you were deemed successful in your bid and whether your credit card was charged. Not the best alternative, but you are able to fairly quickly determine whether your card was not charged and can act accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]