Priceline Hotel: Howard Johnson Anaheim

BinCanada
By BinCanada,
in

Hi thereuare and other PL experts. We are going to fly from Seattle to San Diego spending one night, and then going to Disneyland for 6 nights. I was thinking about breaking up the stay and would like to spend 3 nights at HoJo and 3 at the Candy Cane(I have always wanted to stay at CC but it is more $$). To get HoJo and not any other 2*, what do you think my chances are?? The cheapest rate I can find for HoJo the beginning of June is US$67 plus taxes. What do you think about doing 1 night PL 2*???? and if I do not get HoJo, we are not stuck there for 3 nights. If we DO get HoJo do you think chances are good if I bid right away to get the other 2 nights at HoJo?? Thanks for any help you can give. Perhaps I should just book HoJo and get their AAA rate???. (We always like to stay close to Dland.)

The problem is that the Candlewood Suites is a 2* on Priceline, and it's out of the shuttle zone, and it only has one queen bed. The area near Disneyland is filled with possible 2* hotels. I think the Travelodge is another one that comes up on Priceline.

The HoJo is a great hotel and definitely above other 2* hotels, but there's just no way to assure yourself of getting it except directly. You'd definitely be gambling.

I just checked out Hotwire and the 2* Dland North zone:Pool(s), High Speed Internet, Laundry(selfserve) match Howard Johnson. I put in June 5-11 as well as trying June 5-8(as I may divide our stay with the Candy Cane which is a very nice Hotel but more $). They both had same amenities and the same price= $36. Hmmm.. I will have to decide if I am the gambling type/not. I will do some more investigation out there to see if there are other 2* with the same amenities and keep an eye on this Hotwire. Please post if anyone has any other ideas-thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry thereuare, But I ended up booking privately for the HoJo. I hope to support betterbidding another time!

Off Topic: WillTravel, I ended up booking for US$67.15 plus tax on top through mousesavers as the AAA rate on HoJo had JUST gone up!! I emailed Willie(Sales&Marketing Director) at HoJo after I made an error(only put in 1 adult and also asked a question about the different rooms). He was very nice,helpful and also gave me the old mousesavers rate of 58.65/night!! He had also just travelled up to Vancouver area on business and heard about our infamous PoCo Pig farm.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]