Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

Blueskies
By Blueskies,
in

Got it first try - obviously can get Venetian at this low price quite a while in advance if its not a busy time and mid week - very happy with this purchase.

Cheapest price on Venetian website was $219. Hoping to upgrade to a Queen/Queen when we get there but there is a sofa bed anyway so should be fine if they are sticky.

This site is fantastic.

I hope I used the right link as I get confused because I have to use UK website as I can't register with US - address, etc doesn't fit.

Thanks again for making this forum possible.

If you have another e-mail address and credit card, you can use the US version of Priceline from thr UK without any problems.

The actual (home) address you input does not matter since it does not need to match the credit card's address and Priceline do not use postage mail for anything. I input my UK address as best I could and then selected a state at random and input any Zip Code.

You may not want to bother using the US version but I find it useful for hotel bidding such as the Venetian (where $99 is the key figure). Plus if you are registered on both sites, you have double the number of bids!

:)

i've also tried to register on Us site - and get rejected because of the address thing

however sometimes i have managed to bid successfully on US site (don't know how) and the next ten times have not been able to - when it checks my email address it says i am not registered but when i put email address and last four numbers of credit card i can access previous US bids - weird but it won't let me sign in and try again - very frustrating

I am a British citizen, with a UK address and have used the Priceline US site for a year with no problems at all. I have also "sat in" with several friends and helped them through the bidding process. In all I have booked in excess of 60 hotel nights.

I "adjust" the postal address and telephone number as outlined in many posts on this and other boards; using Utah and 99999 for State and Zip code.

The only problem I have encountered is sometimes, when helping a new bidder, Priceline rejects their VISA card. However if they have another card from MasterCard or AMEX the same bid will go through no worries. I understand that this is to do with the way that VISA authorises transactions; above a certain limit it checks the billing address as well as the number etc.

I also bid for hotels in UK on Priceline.co.uk using the same credit card and Email address without any problem. As an experiment I once logged on to Priceline UK and tried to bid on a city where I had just run out of rebids using Priceline US. I got the "Our records indicate that you have allready bid for this identical trip." message, so the two sites are obviously integrated, and recognised me as the same bidder, yet they seem happy to allow me to continue using either site.

I have used the "Utah, Zip 99999" for many years when buying alll sorts of products and services from USA websites; which are often not programed to accept business from "Non US" addresses. I have never encountered a problem doing this. In the end all the vendor wants is to do business and get paid!

Pirate :)

i'm interested to know if you have tried bidding on the uk site and the usa site with the same request during the same 72 hour period

i thought this would be able to help up my number of bids but it seems to remember me even though i us a different email address and credit card and adjust my address by selecting a state and a random zip code .

aeh,

That is precisely what I meant in the previous post. Having run out of rebids on Priceline US I logged off and used internet tools to delete offline content. Then logged on again to Priceline UK and tried again. The site instantly recognised the position and I had to wait 72 hours.

I suspect that the only way to beat the system would be two completely separate set ups of computer, Email address, and credit card. But unless you frequently need last minute bookings why bother? It's no big deal to wait 72 hours and bid again. If you are doing your research correctly it should never take more than two tries if Priceline has inventory. If they haven't then all the rebids in the world won't get a room.

Pirate :)

think its just luck if it lets you bid on the usa site while you still have a bid request valid on the uk site. i just tried using my new account on the usa site. it worked now when it didn't a minute ago, but then when i tried my partners who had done exactly the same as i had had it didn't work..very odd :)

i have also had the same message about duplicate bids when i have tried to use the US and UK sites - i will try the Utah 99999 tip and register using a different credit card

fyi it is my am ex card that i am registered with in both US and Uk - it just depends if i can log in with just my best friends name to the US site - otherwise i am only able to check previous requests

• 2 weeks later...

Thereuare

I think I read somewhere recently that the Venetian charges $15 per person for additional guests in the room. We are there for 2 nights and there are 2 adults and a 12 and 14 year old. I was hoping to get a Queen/Queen room and have emailed my request to the hotel but had no response. Even at $15 per person per night it is cheaper than getting another room. Room was $99 + tax.

Do you think I will have a problem there and do you think I should offer to pay officially or is a $20 to the reception staff going to do it in your opinion?

If this is not the right place to ask this sort of question, just delete. Thanks

As a "frequent" Vegas visitor with and without the family, tipping counter staff is not a common practice here. When going with the family I usually dont want them all over me at the counter anyway, so I send them off to the lobby to wait. My experience is that the hotels (I have stayed at most of them) dont enforce these practices, if you volunteer to pay they will gladly take your money. Even if you told them you were by yourself and asked for a rollaway for that 5th person, I dont think they would bat an eye.

Jim

...tipping counter staff is not a common practice here

It is not common practice, but it is certainly done, and many have had great results. Our own board member, the late and great bturner, started to do it everywhere he went, also with great success (TIPPING AT HOTELS).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]