Priceline's Top 50 Destinations for 4th of July '10

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ch...0-97300009.html

NORWALK, Conn., June 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN) today released its annual survey of the 50 most-popular destinations for the upcoming Independence Day weekend. This year, Chicago's Millennium Park replaces last year's winner, New Orleans, as the most popular July 4th destination among Priceline customers.

The survey is based on more than 30,000 hotel room booking requests made by customers using priceline.com's Name Your Own Price

• 2 weeks later...
I would agree that this list may be useful to chart trends, but to me, this shows which areas are discounting to fill empty hotel rooms. For example, Atlantic City/Cape May is #14 on the list, but in past years, hotels in this area would not have resorted to use PRICELINE's "Name Your Own Price" service in order to fill rooms for this holiday.

Exactly. I think it may say more about what areas are gettin' desperate to fill rooms due to low volume!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]