Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Westin Maui Kaanapali $145.00 June

zen
By zen,
in

Thanks for posting... could you possibly supply sub-zone within Maui and the amenities as well, they're essential in helping other identify this property in the future. (there's probably many 4.5* hotels in the area, but not as many that are 4.5* and have the same set of amenities).

If you didn't write them down before purchase, they should still be avialable from the "My Account" page at Hotwire.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Well I am confused and disapointed the Westin 4 1/2 * is $300 for the month of AUG. Where does hotwire get the nerve to charge over double for same hotel.

I also read somewhere that the 5* is the HYatt but that is $325 for same month.

Wow this is so wrong I don't know where to start

Skipper,

I would be careful thinking that you're looking at the same 4.5* property without being able to match up the amenities. There are likely other 4.5* hotels within Maui besides this one (but then again, i don't know the area at all, and don't even know the Hotwire zone within Maui that this falls within).

I don't know if you're joking or not regarding not understanding the high hotel prices for your own dates, but prices are a function of supply and demand and if Hotwire's prices is higher than prevailing rates elsewhere, you can always try to take advantage of their "Double the Difference Guarantee"

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare.

He posted the area it is Kaanapali. There are not too many 4.5* in that area. Also not many 5*.

So I looked at june and his price came up. Then I tried for August and $300 came up. I can understand it going up, but double?

Priceline does go up a little or just does not have the rooms.

Sometimes Hotwire prices go higher than what you can get it for on other sites.

Don't get me wrong I do like hotwire ,but sometimes I feel they gauge you.

Priceline is Low 99% of the time and I can not say that for hotwire.

Hotwire is a good second choice for me. They have hotels that priceline does not carry.

Thanks for clarifying the sub-zone.... i didn't see that (and not knowing Hawaii, i can never keep the names of all the islands straight).

Could you give the dates that you were able to show this hotel at this rate? I tried a few dates and can only pull up a 4.5* hotel at $151 (and other various prices that are not $145), and i'd like to get the amenities for this hotel (and hopefully have zen confirm them)

I agree that sometimes Hotwire inflates their prices too much, but if they do (relative to traditional booking vehicles) then we have the right to 'zing' it to them with their "Double the Difference Guarantee."

Only thru taking advantage of their gurantee and hitting them in their own pocket, will they learn and make their rates more consistent.

Are Spa and Children's Activities too when you click on "View Hotel's Amenities"?

On Hotwire's description there is only enough space for 8 icons, but when clicking on "View Hotel's Amenities" you can see the complete list if there are more than 8.

Thanks for the follow-up!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]