Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Mission Valley-Hotel Circle) Comfort Inn Suites

soccermacmom
By soccermacmom,
in

I used the BetterBidding HOTWIRE link. (As I always do even for searching/browsing!)

2-1/2* Comfort Suites Mission Valley

2 Adults

$57 per night

Amenities are:

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

High-speed Internet Access

Recommended in 90% of HOTWIRE customer reviews -- if this is true, that's a high mark indeed.

I'm a long-time PRICELINE user; this is my first Hotwire purchase. I like knowing the amenities up front!

I appreciate the forum assistance and support.

Recommended in 90% of HOTWIRE customer reviews -- if this is true, that's a high mark indeed.

90% positive is a high mark, but something is funny here, maybe. Is this the Comfort Suites at 631 Camino Del Rio South? If so it's got 60% negative reviews on TripAdvisor.

The same thing happened to me with HOTWIRE in SF a couple months ago. I was interested in a hotel but couldn't ID it. Based on the "90% recommended" by HOTWIRE customers I purchased. Turned out to be a troubled stay and on TripAdvisor the hotel was only 65% positive, not 90. At least it was a positive 65. Your hotel went from 90% positive to 60% negative---if I've got the right hotel.

A third person reported the same here recently: 90% positive on HOTWIRE, much lower on TA. Don't remember details.

I wonder if this is a trend---HOTWIRE over-rating hotels compared to other rating services? There will always be some discrepancies across rating services. But 90 positive vs 60 negative for the same hotel is pretty big!

I guess you're at Comfort Suites now. If you see this later what's your verdict?

Remember that while TA may be the biggest, it's not the only review service... Expedia users give this property a 3.9/5.0 rating (positive) and Travelocity users give this property a 3.5/5.0 rating (and while some of the reviews are negative, i'd still say that 3.5 is 'positive')

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi from San Diego -

We're here and yes, it is the one on Camino del Rio South. This is the furthest east of the three Mission Valley Comfort Inns.

Check-in was quick and polite. We were definitely given the "priceline" room - it's a dark, musty, small room next to the pool. Bathroom is inconvenient but clean, and the free wifi works well. The location of the hotel is great for us, though, and I can see that this would work for families with kids (and there are lots of them here). Usual courtesy breakfast. The hotel surrounds the pool area in the center, which makes it noisy.

I think I won't put much faith in Hotwire's "customer reviews" in the future, but I do appreciate the location and the fact that we paid very little for it.

thanks everyone for your help. We're having a lot of fun visiting with our daughter.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]