Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Parc 55 Wyndham

katharry
By katharry,
in

Katharry, Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Sorry to hear that your bids have not been accepted.

Please provide your desired max budget, star rating and zones of interest and we would be happy to offer suggestions on how to proceed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Xrraytc,

Sorry to hear that your bidding has not gone as hoped. :)

Please start a new thread for your own stay and we will be happy to help.

Thank you! 13 - 17 October

I am looking at either USE or USW 4* I would love to get something under $150 a night (Parc 55 would be my ideal!). I have made a booking at The Orchard hotel just in case (all up fees included it will cost me nearly $900us for the 4 nights - *ouch*). The Nike marathon is on the weekend I am there so I guess rooms will be at a premium.

I would appreciate any advice :)

Thank you! 13 - 17 October

I am looking at either USE or USW 4* I would love to get something under $150 a night (Parc 55 would be my ideal!). I have made a booking at The Orchard hotel just in case (all up fees included it will cost me nearly $900us for the 4 nights - *ouch*). The Nike marathon is on the weekend I am there so I guess rooms will be at a premium.

I would appreciate any advice :)

I've stayed in both USE and USW several times on both weekdays and weekends, and have generally been able to find rooms in the $90-100 range.

In USE the Grand Hyatt is generally available for under $100 -- sometimes even in the $80 range -- and I like that hotel very much. It's a block to Union Square, in a nice little micro-neighborhood, with good coffee in the immediate vicinity.

Of course, if the Marathon is in town at that time then prices may be significantly affected.

One other option for bidding: Financial District. I have twice taken hotels there via Hotwire and ended up with the Hilton Hotel Financial District, which is really only a few blocks from the Union Square district (and right across from Chinatown). It's a good location and a good and busy Hilton; not a super-luxury Hilton, but clean and comfortable.

HI - I travel to SF somewhat regularly for work.

Two years ago, I tried to PL a room for the marathon weekend and was utterly unsuccessful with my bidding limit. Regular rates were approaching $300 and $400 for a 4*. I ended up in the Hotel Adante for three nights (on Geary, small rooms, reg rate $90 a night). On Sunday, finally got a PL bid of $99 accepted at the Renaissance Stanford Court.

I kept thinking things would loosen up closer to the actual weekend, but they didn't. So in light of my experience, I would say earlier is better, and don't be afraid to approach/reach your bidding limit. You will still probably get a good deal on a nice property.

Had a similar experience once when I was bidding early and got the Club Quarters for $78 a night. Thought I jumped the gun and had regrets, but closer to the date, there was nothing reasonable available. So I was glad for what I had.

Hope this helps.

WOW thank you both so much. Incredibly helpful! I've never been to San Fran before and this will be only my 2nd visit to the USA and my husband's first! That along with never using any sort of blind bidding before I feel like a complete novice! Slightly terrified we will end up miles away from everything.

If the Financial district is also a good place to stay I would be more than happy to try bids there too.

Again - thanks heaps for the reply :)

As for "Early or late?" it goes both ways...my experience with Priceline around special events is the same as Gallus50. Sometimes last minute inventory comes through and sometimes it doesn't.

Hotwire doesn't have any 4* bargains now (4* Nob Hill at $166 is the lowest) but they've got:

3.5* USW $149

3.5* USE $144

Bottom line price is $680.84 vs your $900 at Orchard.

If either of these Hotwire options interests you post the icons you see on your own seach and someone will try to ID.

Are you participating in/observing the Nike Marathon, or just coincidentally in town that weekend? If you don't care about the Marathon you might stay in a different part of SF your last night as the Marathon really messes up traffic and routines in parts of town.

As for "Early or late?" it goes both ways...my experience with Priceline around special events is the same as Gallus50. Sometimes last minute inventory comes through and sometimes it doesn't.

Hotwire doesn't have any 4* bargains now (4* Nob Hill at $166 is the lowest) but they've got:

3.5* USW $149

3.5* USE $144

Bottom line price is $680.84 vs your $900 at Orchard.

If either of these Hotwire options interests you post the icons you see on your own seach and someone will try to ID.

Are you participating in/observing the Nike Marathon, or just coincidentally in town that weekend? If you don't care about the Marathon you might stay in a different part of SF your last night as the Marathon really messes up traffic and routines in parts of town.

Cheers Colfax! No marathon for us - my husband and I are on the last leg of a trip to the UK. San Fran is our one stopover on the way home to New Zealand. It's the part I am looking forward to the most! I want to hit the US shops :)

I will check out Hotwire, thanks for the tips.

:) OMGoodness I am so happy! I just tried to bid again (using the $50 coupon I found on this forum!!!) and my bid of $115+$10 an night from the coupon got accepted AND it is at the Parc 55 which is where I actually wanted to stay!

Thank you thank you thank you for all your help :)

Lastminutetravel.com has what appears to be the Hilton Union Square for $116/nite or what appears to be the Westin St. Francis for $98/nite, neither of which could be said is "my cup of tea". But if you bid in this/these zones, you have to be prepared to possibly get one of these. Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]