CA San Francisco Airport North Homewood Suites

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Brand-new all-suite hotel about a 10-minute drive south of downtown SF.

The studio suite I got had a good layout like a jr.-1-bedroom. The kitchen was small but had everything needed to cook and serve a party of four. A small dining table with two chairs separated the kitchen from the living area.

The living area had a desk with a chair; a sofabed and a coffee table. A large TV sat on top of a dresser positioned between the living area and the sleeping area. The sleeping area had a queen bed. Beyond that were the vanity area where there was also a large closet, and then a spacious bathroom. No tub, just a very large shower (a plus in my book).

There were an iron and board; two phones with two lines; coffee maker.

The walls are thin. I could hear the TV and people next door. There was also a bit of space between the entry door and its frame, allowing corridor noise to enter.

The hotel is located across the street from the bay. There's a path for walking around the Sierra Point lagoon. It's a very quiet business area. There are no services at all - you must drive a couple of miles for gas or food. The hotel has a small pantry that sells sodas and snacks. The next-door Raddison has a full-service restaurant.

Having no restaurant, I'm not sure why this is a 2.5*, rather than a 2* hotel.

Breakfast: free, American (cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage links, yoghurt). Coffee, tea, juices.

Evening hors d'

• 1 year later...

Basically everything was as posted above during my stay, however the hotel seems to have severe problems with their plumbing. My bathroom was smelling very bad, eventually wading into the rest of the room when you forgot to close the door to it properly.

Was told that they are suing the contractor on that and that all rooms have more or less the same problem. As I am not that smell-sensitive it was OK with me, but my wife would have refused to stay there.

Apart from that the hotel is a very good deal for the money (usually going f

• 3 months later...

It might be the complete lack of soundproofing, or the plumbing issues, but anyway - this 2-year-old hotel is closing its doors Sunday to begin "renovations". From their website:

**Valued Guests, both past and future** We will be closing the hotel to complete a renovation beginning November 1st, we hope to reopen in May of 2005. Thank you for your patronage, and we look forward to seeing you next Spring.

I spent many nights there, and while I didn't run into plumbing issues, some nights I couldn't go to sleep until the neighbors did, because you could hear every word they spoke, or their TV. The builder ought to be made to live there for a while.

• 3 years later...

We stayed here 12/18/07 to 12/20/07 on a bid of $65/night. The hotel seems brand new, or recently renovated. Every room is a suite as far as I can tell. They are as described above, small living room, very small kitchen, but it all works and is a comfortable, cheery place to stay. Smaller than a Residence Inn room, but the same idea. The free breakfast was a very complete spread, as described above, with scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, waffles, yogurt, cereal, bagels, toast, etc. They offer a complimentary light dinner Monday through Thursday evenings, but we did not try that. Free wifi in the rooms. Location is actually very pleasant, right off Highway 101, across the street from the Bayshore pedestrian/biking trail. Frequent scheduled shuttle to SFO.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked this hotel through hotwire for about $50/night from Dec. 23 - 26, 07. This included parking, breakfast and local calls. Staff at front desk were quite pleasant and the room seemed brand new. I'd love to stay there again, the beds were comfortable and rooms were equipped with microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher. The shower stall could use some scrubbing but we had no issues with plumbing or thin walls. Hotel is located between the airport and donwtown SF. Great value for those visiting who need to be on a budget but don't want to stay too far from the city.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]