Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego Coastal Hyatt Regency La Jolla

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

So they'll be staying at two Hyatts - be sure to enroll them in Gold Passport, register them for the Faster Free Nights promotion, and have them pay for the incidentals with MasterCard - and you've already gotten yourself a free Hyatt night.

Yes, you absolutely must incur some incidental charge to get any benefit. That's true not only of the FFN promotion, but also for getting airline miles and having your nights count toward elite status (Platinum, Diamond). Before checking out, check your account balance on the TV: sometimes Hyatt neglect to charge for local calls. When that happens, grab a candy from the minibar. Leave it in the room next to your tip (make the maid happy and spare yourself the calories).

Anyone that is familiar with this area....

did Priceline combine the La Jolla and the Del Mar areas into "San Diego Coastal"? (and i'm assuming this property is in this "Coastal" zone?)

THANKS!

Yes .... had to bid the new coastal zone for this one. Really wanted the Rancho Bernardo zone but kept getting rejected. This area for sure will be exciting even though it is a 20 minute drive.

did Priceline combine the La Jolla and the Del Mar areas into "San Diego Coastal"? (and i'm assuming this property is in this "Coastal" zone?)

I believe the new "Coastal" also includes the old Torrey Pines/UTC and Mission Bay zones. The Hyatt La Jolla used to be in the Torrey Pines/UTC zone. It really is not that close to 'downtown' La Jolla or the ocean, but it is a nice property with decent rooms. It has an Olympic-sized pool! There are a couple of nice restaurants on-site.

By the way, parking is expensive at the Hyatt but there is usually lots of free street parking nearby if you don't mind a short walk.

I hate this new combined zone, I think it is too large and the areas are too different. You can't separate out the Mission Bay hotels anymore, and if you want something close to the ocean without trying to bid pricey Coronado, that was a good zone. Sniff, sniff...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]