Poland for July 2005

mikev88
By mikev88,
in

HI

I live in Montreal Canada. I'm not sure if Priceline offers anything from Montreal or any other canadian city. The closest US airport for me would be in Vermont (2h drive from here). I"m looking for some tickets and i get prices of about 1300$ sometimes lower, lowest was 950USD (1100 CAD) I even saw some ridiculous prices of about 3000$. I'm just asking do i have any kind of chance to find a deal from such a small US airport or should i just look in the papers around here and wait for the summer deals to get out?

• 4 weeks later...

just realized that i've got enough airmiles to go to New York Free!!! So i'll try priceline from new york. It shows me a price of 1058 through an airline. How much do you think the "name your price" option will be? 700? At this price i'd be real happy already i want under 1000$ CAD so that makes about 800 USD, possible???

For the past few trips, I've started off by going to the cheapest European destination I can get (previously London on several occasions, but this next time it is Madrid, of all places). Then I take budget airlines to get to the next stop.

You could probably get a charter flight from Montreal to London or Paris in the $800 CAD range (although I haven't checked). Then use www.whichbudget.com to figure out budget carriers from there, allowing plenty of interim time. Typical flight prices between European cities have been in the range of 25 to 75 Euros, including all taxes and fees.

Of course I only recommend this if the intermediate European destination is also of interest to you, so you won't waste time by going through there when you overnight there.

You could also look for the cheapest NYC flight to Europe, and follow the same procedure. But just make sure that city does have cheap links to Poland.

TravelCuts.ca often has great deals - keep these thoughts in mind and try them also.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]