Hotwire Hotel: 4* Anaheim (John Wayne Costa Mesa )Hyatt Irvine

bschnuck
By bschnuck,
in

Thereuare, given my posts in various places you have probably figured out the little trip we have planned.

Hotwire has a 3.5* hotel in Disneyland South for $69 per night. Would appear to be to be the Hyatt given your hotel list, but have a hunch it will be the Crowne Plaza.

Customer Favorite, Restaurant, Fitness, laundry, pool, business

Which do you guys think?

If this trip is to visit Disneyland I would take the Crowne Plaza/Hyatt OC option as they are both very close to the park. I have stayed at the OC Hyatt and its not bad at all,they have remodeled all of the south tower that people feared. I have driven by the Crown Plaza and it looks very nice.

I too would select the hotels nearer Disneyland too if you want to visit DL. Do bear in mind that most 3* hotels in DL charge for parking - varies from $8 - $13 / day.

I believe the hotels in Costa Mesa charge for parking too.

Parking in DL costs $10 / day with unlimited entries / exits. Very convenient.

This is our new plan. We were going to spend 1 night in San Diego but now we think we will spend 3 nights in Anaheim and just drive down there one day weather permitting. So one day will be whatever, one day will be the San Diego Zoo, and one day will be Disney.

So for a 3 night stay 12/23-12/26 which does that change your opinion at all?

The "right" answer might depend on your "whatever". If you have kids, you might prefer to spread your Disney time over two days, and take a half-day trip for that third day. Just going for one day doesn't seem like enough, particularly given how crowded it's likely to be then and how overwhelmed kids can get. Taking a break in the afternoon seems to work well.

there are 7 of us, no kids, will be going Disney 1 day, christmas day. the whatever day will probably going to see Hollywood, etc, just being a tourist.

We will be booking 3 rooms at whichever hotel we pick. Family holiday vacation with the in-laws instead of buying gifts for each other. Need to be sure I have a nice place to retreat to. :)

Well, you run a risk with Hotwire and it got us.

4* John Wayne Costa Mesa 12/23-12/26 - $69

Restaurant, Fitness, laundry, pool, business, tennis

Received the Hyatt Irvine

Went immediately back to purchase again for the in-laws on their account, had to purchase twice in order to turn in 2 seperate rebate forms, and same description

4* John Wayne Costa Mesa 12/23-12/26 - $68

Restaurant, Fitness, laundry, pool, business, tennis

Received The Westin South Coast Plaza

Imagine my surprise. They are only a few miles apart though so it will be ok. Either way according to the trip advisor reviews it appears we did pretty well. Thanks guys.

Can you please start a new thread and post your westin win.

Can you double check your Hotwire account and make sure the icons you posted are correct. This was a customer favorite with these Amenities: Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Golf, Tennis, The last time it was reported.

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]