VA Roanoke Doubletree Conference Center

nilkaya
By nilkaya,
in

The building has a very nice architecture, Tudorian Revival. The entrance and lobby are very nice. The receptionist was very polite. Although I gave him my Hilton Honors Silver Card, he put me into a small room with two full size beds. The view of the room was not very inspiring either, it looked towards the railroad. The bathroom was small and the hairdryer did not work. Convenient to visit Historical Market District. The hotel has a covered up walking bridge going over the railroad. Paid $5 for parking. I would prefer to stay at a better 3* hotel. (this hotel is currently rated 4*)

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The hotel was originally built by the Norfolk and Western Railway to house their Executives and staff that came out west to Roanoke from Norfolk on business. The railyard outside the windows is part of the hotel's history and should probably be embraced as such, rather than being seen as getting a less than choice room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]