Priceline Hotel: 3* Oakland-Eastbay (Berkeley - Emeryville) Doubletree

pillowqueen
By pillowqueen,
in

I have been reading the board for Berkeley, and have found the 4* very clear cut as there is only one (Claremont), however, it seems the Claremont also lands in 3.5* too. What are the 3.5* hotels, and how often do they fall into 3* class? Seems like Courtyard, Hilton, and Doubletree both orbit 3* but I do see Doubletree in 2.5* as well. This is confusing! Is there any way NOT to get Four Points if I'm aiming for any of the aforementioned? Thanks for your help! :)

This is the link to all boards reported hotel: CA Priceline Hotels

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You need to be willing to stay at any ?* or higher in the zone you're bidding at.

Orbitz use a diffrent star rating than PRICELINE so you can't compare them.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks Yellowdog,

I was more trying to get a sense of hotels in the 3* range and make better sense of why some hotels like Doubletree appear as 2.5, 3, and 3.5, and how I can clarify why these star rating range. Also, if anyone could offer any strategy to getting Doubletree, Courtyard, or Hilton without getting Four Points, that would be awesome. It seems like four Points usually gets rated 2.5, however I have seen it posted at 3* so I'm wondering what advice might be available.

Thanks!!

Some properties within the same chain may appear at different star ratings, depending on location (for example, some Doubletree's may be 3*, some may be 3.5*. Each of the state forums in this board does have a list of reported PRICELINE/HOTWIRE properties that have been reported for the state. There is no way to avoid a particular property when bidding on PRICELINE - if there is a Four Points at a particular star rating in a particular zone, then if you bid for that star rating in that zone, you could get that property. If you are trying to avoid a particular property, HOTWIRE would be a better option, as one can make an educated guess as to which properties are showing. HOTWIRE lists are also located within each state forum.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was more trying to get a sense of hotels in the 3* range and make better sense of why some hotels like Doubletree appear as 2.5, 3, and 3.5, and how I can clarify why these star rating range.

Hotels get rerated all the time. Only the hotels' current ratings are relevant to your bidding.

At this writing Priceline rates the Four Points 2.5* in their "Shop and Compare" product. You won't win Four Points if you bid 3* or higher in Berkeley. (As ratings can change at any time you should verify the Four Points rating just before you bid though.)

Even though Priceline offers 3.5* bidding in Berkeley-Emeryville zone my personal opinion is they have no 3.5* hotels in the zone. I think the 3.5* option is just a "place holder" in between 3* in 4*, and you'll get upgraded to 4*, if anything.

Congratulations on your success. :)

Sweet deal (literally, with free cookies at check-in), and glad to hear that you were able to get a great rate on the property you were looking for. Can you confirm the date/s of travel so that this win can appear in the site's Calendar of Wins? Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

• 6 months later...

The win was for April 21, 2010.

It wasnt the best hotel at all, management was rude and we got a room that had not been made up--as in, the beds were undone--so we went back to the front desk and and they just handed us another key without apology. Next time I need a convenient place in that area I will choose Emeryville or Oak Airport. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]