Priceline Hotel: Failed Bids Tinton Falls, NJ

doublehelix
By doublehelix,
in

I was aiming for a 3* hotel in the Red Bank - Middletown area. I started at the Priceline search box on the top of every BetterBidding page, of course. Bid $35, 40, 45, 50, and $55 over several days and re-bid zones... and when none of those attempts were successful I decided to book a room with Marriott Rewards points instead.

~Jen

I was aiming for a 3* hotel in the Red Bank - Middletown area. I started at the Priceline search box on the top of every BetterBidding page, of course. Bid $35, 40, 45, 50, and $55 over several days and re-bid zones... and when none of those attempts were successful I decided to book a room with Marriott Rewards points instead.

~Jen

as your dates approach, you may want to bid for a hotel room and keep the points in your Marriott Rewards account, but opens up another discussion which depends on how much you value MR points.

This is a common problem that I wrestle with; I have read that the value of a point is between a half cent and $.01. Assuming there is no big event in this zone for your travel dates that would keep hotels from offering inventory to PRICELINE and consequently from making rooms available for standard 15,000 point Marriott rewards certificates......is it better to cash in 15,000 points or bidding $55 or $60 with a "walk out" price including taxes of $70 or $75 (and not knowing the name of the hotel beforehand)?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]