Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt on the Hudson

jesstimes2
By jesstimes2,
in

Hello all!

We are staying at the Hyatt again! This time for Valentine's Day weekend. But we have a question...

$37 bid accepted on first attempt (Priceline)!

Check-In Date: Friday, February 11, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, February 13, 2005

Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson

2 Exchange Place

Jersey City, New Jersey 07302

201-469-1234

Your Offer Price: $37.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $74.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.15

Total Charges: $92.15

So my question is...we will be getting to Jersey City around 3:00 PM on Friday...We need to park the car somewhere...anywhere!!! We don't really care how far it is (within reason), we just need it to be as cheap as possible!!! We basically just want to dump our car somewhere until Sunday. We aren't going to be using it at all. Does anyone have any advice? Let us know!!! We would really appreciate it!

~Jessie & Jesse

Congratulations on your win!

Did you bid this on the date posted... as the $37 rate has been getting a bit harder to come by lately, we're trying to ascertain any trends that may indicate when available (of course if you bid this weeks ago then it was at a time when the $37 rate was more prevalent).

I dont' know of any parking in the immediate area by the townhouses (as i think it's zoned as 'residential permit parking' only). I believe the meters by the hotel are in effect on Saturday but not Sunday, but by 3pm you may be able to get away with feeding the meter until 6pm or 7pm when they expire, then not have to worry about it until the following morning.

If you had a bit north (towards Shop Rite/Target... just ask at the hotel), once you pass the traffic light just before Staples, i believe there is on the street parking, unmetered, good from 7pm (maybe 6pm) Friday until 6am Monday morning. (double-check the signs, but i believe it's "No Parking 6am-7pm Monday thru Friday").

I may be in this area in the next few days and if so, i'll be sure to get a better look at the signs and update this post (assuming of course you update us with when you bid this :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Depends upon your definition of 'ridiculously expensive' :)

The Hyatt has a self-park for about $18 with validation... not sure where that lies in the spectrum of obscene.

Thanks for clarifying the bid date... i was actually hoping it was recent as that would give more hope to the $37 rate being more readily available, but i have a feeling that rates at this property are gonig to be a bit higher going forward (yet still be a fantastic deal).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hyatt Regency's website says that their self-park is $15USD/day for hotel guests (no in and out). I guess you need a real insider who knows this area that could suggest cheaper parking. But that rate is really not that high. There might be a way you could park at a trainstation on the outskirts in NJ for cheap or nothing and then take the train in. But I don't know if this is possible or where you could do it.

...Maverick

Went to the BAJA tonite for dinner so checked out the street parking while i was there.

There is parking on the street about 1 mile north of the hotel. Signs states no parking 7am-6pm Monday-Friday... so if you could get a spot on Friday at 6pm you'd could leave it there the entire weekend (double check the signs where ever you park just to make sure)... this area is by the Newport Residences, Target and Staples stores. To get back to the hotel you could walk (20 minutes?) or take the LightRail from Newport Mall to the Exchange Place stop.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]