Priceline Hotel: 2* DC (Alexandria-Mt. Vernon) Homestead Studio Sts

luveurope
By luveurope,
in

Egads this was difficult. Goal was to stay in Alexandria, family of 4. There must be alot of visitors on this date because I tried Hotwire and others to try and find a room and the prices were very high.

Hope I can remember it all -here goes

Wanted to stay in Alexandria, was hoping for the 3* Sheraton, started at $65. no

added Arlington and Pentagon, $70, no

added 2.5*, fairfax, springfield, falls church, sterling, tysons corner, $75, no

started to get a little uneasy, so downgraded to a 2* which is a first for me on PL. Lowered my price to $55 to cushion the blow,

and got the Homestead Studio Suites Alexandria.

"but" they only guarentee a Queen, so I will need to negotiate for a sofa, etc for the kids. (TravelGuy's $20.00 trick?, maybe $10 would be more appropriate here!) :)

Orbitz price was $144.00 for same date, so hey even if the kids end up on the floor it was worth it.

Thanks for the details of this win!

I think this is another example for others of how, even when things are tough in a given zone, being flexible can still land you a great deal. I think you have the right attitude as well, figuring you'll handle whatever comes your way... at that price you could also get a second room for the kids and still come out ahead of booking direct!

I classified this in the Alexandria-Mt. Vernon zone (rather than the Alexandria-Pentagon zone)... is that correct?

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Luveurope,

Yup! During your visit it will be a tad busy as they have this

little shindig called... the 2005 Cherry Blossom Festival March 26-April 11.

Not sure if you planned your trip for that but it only happens

once per year so make sure you bring your camera! :)

Also, according to the Hotel's website they ask $10 per night more if you

upgrade an internet rate room with a single queen size bed, to either

a room with a King and a pull out couch, or a room with two queen

beds. Sounds like using this information could be a good bargaining

chip to get your room changed.

Regards, Keoni :)

Mahalo for the info Keoni! I guess that for $10.00 the kids should get a bed, but was sort of enjoying the idea of making the teen and preteen sleep on the floor! Got to get back at them somehow for driving me crazy lately :) , but I digress, We will be spending a few nights in DC at the Grand Hyatt for the festival, looking forward to it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]