Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn

vivaclemente
By vivaclemente,
in

I've been a guest long enough...it's about time I post something :)

Was looking for a hotel in Philly for Superbowl Sunday (2/6-7)......

Started off choosing 4* and $40 (damn I'm cheap) and got shot done faster than the server could react.

Tried 3* and $42 and my bid was accepted.

3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn

I've stayed in philly using Priceline no less than 10 times in the past year. The main reason

I'm posting today is that this is the first time I won a bid for the Hilton--usually I end up at the

Wyndham or the Hyatt Penn's Landing. Anyway, go EAGLES!!! BTW, even if the Hilton is as bad on the inside as it is on the outside I shouldn't be doing much sleeping (I'll hopefully be celebrating the Eagles victory) :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Philly should be a lot of fun on game day... even better after the game if the Eagles win.

Thank you for registering and sharing your win with the rest of the board.

Most Hilton Garden Inn properties are failry new.. is this one not attractive from the outside? Did they take over a different property at this location?

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hilton Garden Inn is fairly new and it was built over top of an existing parking garage shortly after the Pennsylvania Convention Center was built and is connected to the Gallery (a mall). One of my pet peeves is paying for parking because I'm just so cheap! While this is a center city hotel, I think $22.00 a day is outrageous. If you don't mind a short walk, go to a garage operated by the Phila Parking Authority on 8th and Filbert St., parking is $10.00 for up to 24 hours. The downside is that the garage is un-attended during the night (midnight to 7 am) and once you leave, you will need to get a new ticket. I parked here on New Years Eve while staying at the Marriott nearby (using rewards points, of course, I said that I was cheap!) and had no problems, and saved $20.00. Phila Parking Authority This property is very convenient to public transportation as the Gallery is atop a regional rail station with easy access to the Market-Frankford "Elevated" train, and many suburban rail lines coming into the city. My other pet peeve with hotels is late check in and early check out. This hotel lists the check in time as 4:00 PM and Check out time as 11:00 AM.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]